Me And My Girlfriend Are So Different?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Girlpower, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Girlpower

Girlpower Members

I have been with my girlfriend for around 3 months, we both come out of long term relationships this year. I like her loads, and we have a long distance relationship, I understand this makes it harder than just the usual relationship but I feel the issue runs deeper. She is very demanding and can be controlive, I am not a person who would control anyone, nor am I someone who can be controlled. She lives in limbo land, thinks that being in love means everything's ok, like she doesn't see the reality of things sometimes which bug me. I try my best in the relationship but sometimes I literally feel like she's trying to suck my soul out of me! I don't love her enough... I don't show her enough physical attention. I've tried to have talks with her about the way she reacts and she agrees but also hates me being right... She will be ok for a week or two then she starts again... I've tried 'tough love' too but she gets so upset. Is there anyway I can get through to her? Am I just being cold hearted?

2. jerrilynn

jerrilynn Members

I've found some people are emotional vampires who suck the life out of you. They depend on others for validation , are passive-aggressive, and need to be in control. There is the possibility also of borderline personality disorder but I'm not a Dr. In the best interest of your own mental and emotional wellness, you may need to walk away..

1 person likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I was just about to suggest a personality disorder especially if the behavior is sporadic with ups and downs and like it was pointed out, she might be okay for a week or two.

Being diagnosed with something similar not so long ago, if your girl is going through something like this then you should make a resolution quickly. That is you should either commit yourself to her and the difficulties she possess or you should let her go, it doesn't particularly sound like you're enjoying the relationship too much.

Be careful of the road you tread, if she is a bit mentally unstable, this could crush her.

1 person likes this.