Coming Out Problems

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by seain16, Dec 31, 2014.

1. seain16

seain16 Members

So I came out to my parents a few months ago and told them I liked girls.... They told me they knew me and that I was definitely not. Since then my mom has been forcing more and more boys on me, and also tried to set me up with 2 boys. I keep subtly reminding her that I am not attracted to men and only date/will marry women. My dad hasn't really said anything about it and chooses to ignore it generally. I am not old enough to move out quite yet. What should I do??

Also my best friend lives 4 states over and so I called her to tell her I was gay. I was very worked up and cried and it took me a long time to say it. Apparently though, she didn't hear a single word of it because she was on the metro! I do not think she will be super accepting, but also I do not know if I can come out again. Advice?

1 person likes this.
  2. ghost0309

ghost0309 Members

My parents were the same way. Give it like ten years, and they'll come around, I'm sure. It's way harder to tell friends... It's nice to be honest, but at the same time, sometimes, you regret it. Start by asking how your friend feels about the gay community, then, go from there.

1 person likes this.