Diary Of A Girl With A Mean Mom

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by tuesdaystar, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Bitterness grows in a person because of unforgiveness. Bitterness eats away at your heart, your ability to be compassionate.

Sometimes people do and say things that hurt us very deeply we are even hurt by the ones that are closest to us. When people are hurt in childhood, at the most vulnerable time of life, it leaves wounds...but all wounds can be healed. The power of healing is within you...and your power to forgive. Holding onto those wounds will only hurt you more. Allow yourself to heal.

Forgiving is freedom from the past.

Sandra Miller likes this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don;t know your mom, op, but I have noticed some people have control issues and that is not love.....Maybe your mom has control issues....idk.

3. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

Despite your fightin words, there is more than a little truth to what you're saying and I'm not so new to the interwebs to let your words affect me emotionally.

I think I articulated quite clearly in the OP that this post is basically me lashing back at her, publicly exposing her in a setting where no one she hopes to hide herself from will see it.

I do in fact harbor a dark and bitter resentment toward her that I hope to heal.

My real life concerns here are both that bitterness in my heart and the emotional development of my babies that are currently exposed to her actions.

Sandra Miller likes this.
  4. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

And thank you for this, Firefly [​IMG]
    While I am uneasy about the reflections in myself (I don't know if I mentioned the irony of her own eternal flame of resentment toward her mother), I rely on my ability and willingness to be honest with myself and accountable for myself to keep me sane.

... therapy might also be a good idea

scratcho and Sandra Miller like this.