What Would You Have Done?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by RainyDayHype, Dec 22, 2014.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

The fear

2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Exactly... every time I've gone to this park, I hear the guys at the basket ball court saying fuck this and fuck that... the courts are way too close to the play ground....
    My parents actually live two doors down from the mayor and I'm going to propose to him either moving the courts or the playground... the park is huge and I think this could be done. They don't need to be so close together. I might get a petition going. Kids and teens/adults don't need to be so close in proximity with each other if there's going to be so much fowl language...

3. thedope

My hair

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

some of our parks here have no profanity signs. you could probably get the city to install those.

5. thedope

what can we say of this generation, they look for signs
    signing in

6. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I don't know what I would have done. I know I wouldn't have called the cops though. I probably would have just told him to fuck off if he called me a name and then just let it go.

7. thedope

Ya never know

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, but then you would have to explain what "Profanity" means to the dumbshits...

2 people like this.
  9. thedope

Had I known I would know better

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

lol, I was at the park once and these little kids was cussing up a storm..

11. thedope

speaking in tongues that no one understands the sincerity of

12. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

If you had told him to fuck off would that be the end of it though ?

13. thedope

I didn't do it. fuck off

14. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i'm with roor, i wouldn't have called the cops. but as a male, it's a little easier to say that. roor, wizard, and i would all have the option of telling the kid to fuck off, or kicking his ass if need be. but i don't think rainy has quite that same option.

i don't think it was cool of him to call you a bitch, and i think the way you verbally responded was completely warranted.

but calling the cops was pointless. i doubt they helped the situation. did you wait for them to arrive, or did you just leave?
    and now you want the mayor to move the basketball courts? i think THAT might be over-reacting :)

it seems like you said "fuck" right in front of your kids, so how much does it really matter if they over hear it at the basketball courts?

if you think the people playing basketball are too "ghetto" or whatever....just imagine what they might otherwise be doing, if they didn't have a place to play ball.

and i guarantee that the kid is not re-evaluating his behavior based on you telling him that his future was in prison. he still just thinks you're a bitch :)

2 people like this.
  15. Wizardofodd

I guess that depends on him. It would be the end of it as far as I would be concerned unless he tried to hit me or something.

But this reminds me of the last time some little shit had something to say to me. We were driving back from California this past July. We stopped at a gas station in Nebraska. I was leaning against the building waiting for my wife and daughter to come out of the store....totally minding my own business. I heard a sound like a can hitting the ground and I happened to glance across the parking lot to where I heard the noise. There was a guy standing next to a truck and he kicked a beer can under the truck. I didn't give it a second thought. A minute later this guy (maybe 20 yrs. old and a foot shorter than me) comes walking up to me and it was....

Him: You didn't see that!
    Me: I don't care.
    Him: Oh...You don't care?!
    Me: No...I don't give a fuck at all.
    Him: (getting loud) You don't give a...fuck? Did you just say that to me?
    Me: (still leaning against the wall) Yeah...I did. Get the fuck away from me, asshole!
    Him: (pulls his hands up) Oh...you wanna fight?
    Me: (gets off of the wall) I'm not someone you want to tangle with, boy. I suggest you take a fucking hike!
    Him: (backing up about 10 feet behind some people passing by) Talking shit? Nobody talks shit like that to me!
    Me: I'll talk as much shit to you as I want. You better keep stepping.

He turned around and left while mumbling something about how badass he is. Other people saw that and were kind of shaking their heads by what a dumbass he was. I was thinking...did that really just happen?

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIbp5C-5WXM

17. RainyDayHype

I'm confused... He was telling you to act like you didn't see anything? To pretend you didn't know he drank a beer?

18. Wizardofodd

I didn't tell the whole story because I was trying to keep it short. But he was just trying to either start shit or jump and possibly rob me. The other part of the story is that I was standing on the end of the building away from the windows on the front. There were two guys in the truck and the one guy outside who kicked the can. Keep in mind....I did nothing at all to provoke them. Just standing there. As the guy started walking toward me the truck backed out and acted like they were leaving but they didn't. Instead they rolled slowly around the back of the building to my right. The other guy was approaching from my left. That's why I stayed leaning on the wall until he actually drew his hands up. I wanted to be able to see to my right. As I was watching him approach and the truck roll to the back I was thinking "Hmm...this doesn't look good". Once I realized it was going to be trouble, I had to decide if I was going left him take the first swing and then defend myself or if I was going to swing first...knowing I was about to be rushed from behind. As soon as he put his hands up, I knew if he stepped toward me it would probably mean he's expecting the others to help him so I decided if he moved even an inch closer I was going to drop him and turn quickly to face the others. It's possible that the others might have bailed on him when it became obvious that I wasn't intimidated and maybe that's why he started to back up so quickly. At that point, I couldn't see behind me. I bet, to this day, that guy has no idea how close he came to possibly being injured pretty seriously. Regardless of what may have happened with the others, that guy would be on the ground and no longer a threat. I've done those moves thousands of time in training and competition. I can do them in my sleep. His size vs. my size....it's over in one shot. Anyway...that's the other part of the story...I think they were going to rob me.

19. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

so did you wait for the cops, rainy?

20. RainyDayHype

I thought I mentioned that I did not.. I wanted to stay, but I didn't want to keep my kids around the guys. When I called the police, I asked if I should stay.. they said I could leave, and asked if I was available to tell my side by phone...