Is There A Planetary Consciousness?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by skip, Dec 18, 2014.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Is there a Planetary Consciousness?

If so, are we part of it?

What does that mean?

Are other planets conscious?

If a planet has consciousness, imagine the Sun!

How does the Sun communicate with the Earth?

Then let's think about the entire cosmos in those terms.

2. skip

Since planets have such radically different chemical compositions, I would expect them to exhibit different personalities.

Personalities so deep we can never fathom their depths.

Of course this is something astrology attempts to do (fairly well, imo).

I would imagine the solar consciousness to be on a completely different scale. Possibly as different as between human consciousness and planetary consciousness.

Perhaps we can view planetary consciousness as being a tiny subset of the solar consciousness, which probably extends to end of the solar system.

I would think that SOLAR RAYS are a primary means of communication. If nothing else, they might be like a probe, reflecting back to the sun from the surfaces of matter.

In this manner the SUN, if conscious, can be cognizant of the condition of every planet just by their reflections.

And I don't necessarily mean just the visual reflections. I'm sure there are other ranges of electromagnetism that gets reflected back and some that get absorbed or deflected by the planets.

So in this case I see the sun being very much aware and in communication with the planets.

And perhaps solar flares and ejections of matter from the sun could be ejected consciously as a response to some need detected on a planet or as a way to communicate even greater distances beyond the solar system.

Well this subject seems to be relatively unexplored recently as far as I see.

With all the new data and resulting theories, perhaps it's time to revisit this subject for greater enlightenment.

1 person likes this.
  3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

We share our thoughts

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

any highly integrated causal system could contain some form of consciousness

[​IMG]

5. skip

Yes, a feedback loop is essential for consciousness.

Apparently the greater the feedback that can be processed, the greater the consciousness.

The coincides with research into the human brain and that of "lower" lifeforms.

The ability to store memories also seems essential for higher consciousness.

So then the greater the ability to capture and compare current input to previous input enables a higher form of reasoning and response.

This completely coincides with advancements digital technology and Artificial Intelligence.

6. thedope

Higher means cumulative, more complex.

7. thedope

Every bit informed. We don;t change our ability to process. Process is one bit at a time. We may learn to take bigger bites trough consolidation, becoming familiar. Memory is every bite that has has been taken in. The way to expand consciousness exponentially is to treat every bit as family.

8. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hope not. I am a very private person.

9. AceK

check out integrated information theory

10. Moonglow181

no lol

1 person likes this.
  11. thedope

Hope not what, that you learn anything? I really don't care to see your particular privates having those of my own.

12. Moonglow181

well, thedope, I was not even thinking about that at my answer rhere.

13. Moonglow181

See where your mind is!

14. thedope

I see we share our thoughts!

15. AceK

society as a whole probably does share some sort of collective consciousness. the actions of one person can affect the future actions of many other and vice versa. i don't think we share each other's thoughts, but i do think that some aspects of consciosness are shared.

information (and thus cause and effect) traveled pretty slow through society before the internet but now it travels lightning quick. one persons thoughts influence the keys they press on their keyboard and almost instantly changes the state in the computer machine as well as many network switches along the way, and the effects can be seen by a great many people which may affect the future actions of many (whose thoughts lead to actions which affect the thoughts and actions or even more)... which may come back around tomorrow (or 10 minutes, etc) to influence again your own actions and the cycle repeats. this entire interaction could be considered one large conscious entity, of which each of our individual consciusnesses are just a cog in the larger machine.

16. Moonglow181

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

If there is, I think Maynard James Keenan said it best:

But pull your head on out (of) your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again
    The universe is hostile
    So impersonal
    Devour to survive
    So it is, so it's always been ...

1 person likes this.
  18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Probably need a definition of consciousness to even approach the subject. Otherwise I see it impossible to disentangle Celestial object's consciousness from our anthropomorphization of them.

19. Moonglow181

I agree that it does not seem to give a shit.

1 person likes this.
  20. PaullyNormous

PaullyNormous Members

We are all one energy condensed into a solid mass. Our interactions, attractions, dislikes, all based on how the individual energy interacts with other energy wavelengths. The sooner people realize we are all one being, the sooner we can make the world a better place.