Actively Opposed To Circumcision

Discussion in 'Genitalia' started by Badmoonraising, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Badmoonraising

Badmoonraising Member

This thread was locked and i just wanted to say thank you to Hoppipolla (and PineMan) for their points of view. You are quite incredibly educated on the topic of circumcision. It is actually a very interesting topic and multi faceted. It touches on so many aspects of human behavior. It amazes me how people will defend the practice in the face of the growing evidence that it is quite damaging. It just shows us what a deeply emotional issue this is.

Hoppipolla the video you provided was amazing. I thought I was somewhat educated on the subject but obviously I have much to learn, as we all do, on the subject. I wonder how much the body of knowledge has to expend before the majority of people in the U.S. will question or stop the practice? Or is it just so emotional to them that the facts are utterly unimportant.

The only area were I disagree with Hoppipolla is in the practice being made illegal. Yes perhaps it should be illegal from a moral and ethical standpoint BUT I think that would be counter productive. I would hate for the state to step into that. If I was all hopped up and emotionally pro circumcision, I think I would be even more likely not to hear or listen to the real body of science pointing us to the obvious.

i do feel a true sense of sadness for men whom will and can not know what natural sex feels like. That must challenge their masculinity to the core on a deeply personal level. That may not be evident to them. The only way I can explain it is this way; a male, can empathize that a female having gone through FGM has lost something. Has had something taken from them. We as males cannot know what females experience sexually. But we do know they have lost their sexual norm. Do females whom have gone through FGM know what they have lost? I must assume no. The same must hold true for males. Circumcised males cannot know what they are missing.

I am sure the women in Africa, say the Sudan, whom perform FGM are doing the right thing. They are completely convinced it is the right thing to do.

2. PineMan

PineMan Senior Member

I have, at least, been partially circumcised, due to medical necessity following an earlier cycling accident. Although this is not as bad as full circumcision, I am in the position to comment on the difference experienced between cirumcised & non-circumcised. Many men who were circumcised as infants will claim that it heightens sensation & overall pleasure. I can tell you now that the truth of it, not surprisingly is precisely the opposite. As things are I have retained part of my foreskin & the glans remains partially protected & moistened, but nowhere near as moist as it used to be & herein lies the point. After I first underwent the procedure, whenever the unproteced part of my glans brushed against my clothing it was still so sensitive that I'd jump through the roof. Now, however, the nerve ending have been pretty much destroyed & it's not a problem any more. However, when it comes to sexual stimulation, pain & pleasure are really one & the same thing. The stimulation required to create the pleasure is generated from the same nerve endings as cause the pain. Once these are gone the majority of the pleasure sensation is no longer in the glans. Even with only being partially circumcised I have noticed a dramatic loss in sensation when having sex, as well as having to change my technique when masturbating, unless I use plenty of lube and/or my FleshLight, as I have to focus now on stimulating the shaft rather than the glans, as I used to when the foreskin would roll back & forth over it, keeping it protected. Now, whenever I get an erection, what foreskin remains retracts fully, as if it didn't exist at all, thus offering no protection to maintain sensitivity.

3. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

I am a gay circumcised male, and I am glad that I was circumcised. I prefer the aesthetic of the circumcised penis and I will not engage in sexual activities with a male who is not circumcised. I am not opposed to circumcision.

4. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

dude if you just pull back, you can hardly tell. you can tell a little bit, but hardly.

i think its interesting that some people are attracted to abnormal looking body parts. for example, abnormally large breasts and circumcision fall into this category. i think genetically we are supposed to be attracted to more normal looking organs because its a sign of health.

cutting off parts or adding stuff (like in the case of breast implants) seems so unatural to me.

5. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

You obviously have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

6. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member