The Perils Of Rcs

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by thismoment, Dec 2, 2014.

1. thismoment

thismoment Member

1 person likes this.
  2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Deadly high: rats scramble from the doomed HMS Reefer Madness in search of a new vessel

1 person likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Ya think?

4. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

What a shame it would be if we were to legalize/regulate these compounds so that teens were getting the drugs they expected and could maybe be informed about the dangers they were looking into.

Just like we did for alcohol when prohibition ended up causing massive amounts of bootleg and dangerous liquor to be floating around.

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

the guy that made the "chocolates" didn't know what he was doing! who knows how insane of a dose each person was getting. the dude stole it from someone else and didn't know exactly what it was. there's no way he could have known proper dosage without knowing what exactly what chemical he had. the stuff is supposed to be dosed in micrograms.

i've taken too high doses of 25b-nbome (a few tiny specks too much) and it was scary enough that i could see too much more being dangerous. for something that potent, i don't see why it would even need to be mixed into something like chocolates, the correct dosage is almost nothing. one gelcap full of the powder is enough for probably 100 trips.

they took too much! lots of things are dangerous when u take too much.

edit: without actually weighing the amount that would fit in a capsule, the number of trips is probably closer to 1000, possibly even more. less than a 1mg is enough for a strong experience.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Well assuming that was in fact an nbome, that dispels the notion these chems aren't active orally.

I agree with most of the sentiments, these types of stories, while tragic, get as much publicity with one or a few isolated incidents as what it takes thousands of pharmaceutical overdoses and more than anything we hear about alcohol related perils.

Can we take it upon ourselves to learn anything from these incidents though?

7. AceK

maybe it's just less efficient orally? or maybe it requires huge doses to be active orally?

8. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

the nbomes have definitely been causing some problems, though.

9. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Mostly in people who don't know that the dosages are really small, and people who are sold these drugs without knowing that they are actually NBOMe (and subsequently often taking too much or dangerous combos), right?

Now if you were to obtain it from a regulated, trusted and legal source. Neither of those problems would occur. Or their incidence would be cut down greatly.

Not to mention that the original problem of drug misrepresentation stems from the war on drugs,

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

If the real deal substances weren't scheduled drugs none of this would be happening... Although I think LSD out of China would still be sketchy.

1 person likes this.
  11. thismoment

thismoment Member

Learn anything GB? How about more of the same - what doesn't work. What a concept.

I agree that accurately measured, pure, legal psyches like mescaline, LSD, etc. AND accurate information would decrease these sorts of situations. With all the underground and unregulated drug activity going on it's miraculous that a ton of bad shit doesn't happen.

12. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

completely agree.
    I have a bit of a bias towards them because my nbome "acid" trip was... unexpected, however, I would agree that most drug problems are a result of prohibition.

13. AceK

I think most problems are associated with dosage, but based on my personal experience with just two of the compounds in the series, along with anecdotal evidence i will say that these compounds do seem to be somewhat dangerous, and not too forgiving in overdose situations possibly. again, dosage errors can result in a trainwreck trip, a scary experience or worse.

the dose response curve seems pretty steep, and the body load at high doses feels dangerous enough to say that pushing it further is a bad idea.

14. thismoment

thismoment Member

If the main substances (acid, etc.) were legal, what RCs do you think would survive?

15. AceK

one's that were most unique, and determined to be relatively safe. the 2c-x series proper ie 2c-i, etc, DOM, 2c-b .. it seems like the best ones seem be get scheduled. a lot of them are pretty good experiences, when one treats the substance with respect. correct dosage, etc.

also, a lot of problems would be eliminated if people knew exactly what they had, and rc's were not misrepresented as something they are not like nbome being sold as LSD. taking a heroic dose of what you thought was LSD could be dangerous. i wouldn't think it would be a good idea to take a ten strip of nbome since the dose response curve and safety profile are different and not as well known to begin with. a ten strip of nbome could be fatal possibly.

1 person likes this.