Would You Rather Be Smart Or Attractive?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Nerdanderthal, Nov 30, 2014.

?

Would you rather be top 1% IQ and 50% attractiveness or 1% attractiveness and 50% IQ?

1. Top 1% IQ, 50% attractiveness

30 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Top 1% Attractiveness, 50% IQ

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

Is ignorance really bliss? Are we headed for Idiocracy?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know, i'm currently both and i can't see giving up either one.

4 people like this.
  3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Smart has it's attraction.

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ditto....lol

5. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm not sure about smart. But my experience is that
    Attractiveness varies inversely with age while wisdom varies directly with age.

1 person likes this.
  6. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

It's my experience in studying the data that IQ is directly related to the standard of living of any given population as seen here http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:IQ_by_Country.png

Which countries would you choose to raise a family in? If you look at the question on a macro scale as opposed to a micro scale does it change your outlook?

7. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

I would have to have some experience with the choices to be able to decide.

1 person likes this.
  8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I would rather be smart, but of course I feel blessed to be both a genius and incredibly gorgeous.

1 person likes this.
  9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

No comparison, being good looking has some "fringe" benefits but nothing compared to being really smart. If you're really smart then you'll find ways around your lack of perfect good looks, not to mention life will generally be easier and more rewarding for you (all other things being equal). And once you start to consider things like going to jail, or end of world scenarios . . . being good looking and dumb can actually be a grave risk to your life and quality of life.

Oddduck, NoxiousGas and thedope like this.
  10. deleted

deleted Visitor

today would be how often they play with their phone..
    a quality I cant deal with. Im cool with a few random text. and even cool with ya on the home computer, but when out and bout if all they can do is play with their phone .. and Im not talking about waiting outside a dressing room bored playing with phone. I mean the every second on the phone stuff.. good god..

2 people like this.
  11. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

Smart means you can be witty and witty means you can be funny and funny is attractive.
    I'm not really a first draft pick, physically speaking, but my humor has gotten me by juuuuuuuuuust fine

4 people like this.
  12. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Id imagine being smart would be more beneficial as a man and attractive for a woman

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Speaking from experience I'd rather be neither...

Wait!

FritzDaKatx2 and Shivaya like this.
  14. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I like a smart ass

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

You tell us, you are the most qualified here.

1 person likes this.
  16. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

I'm not one to resort to ad hominem first, but since you insist we can compare our attributes.

I'm willing to bet I have a higher IQ than you, higher SAT scores, can run farther, faster.

I can do more pushups than you and more handstand pushups. I can beat you in chess. Any objective measure you can imagine I am confident I will crush you.

I can name dozens of activities I can do better than you. I am willing to film myself doing any of them and see if you can match me by submitting a video of yourself doing them. Name a challenge, what are you best at? My weaknesses are still your strengths, but let's see if you can name ANY physical or mental skill that you can do better than me.

17. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

I see you're quite old. Obviously our physicalities won't compare. What are old people good at, do you want to play chess? Are you good at cards? Are you good at anything?

You're certainly adept at embracing dogma and avoiding taboo conversation by insulting the person presenting arguments.

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

How could you be so confidant when you don't even know what race I am?

3 people like this.
  19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

That you put forth such a challenge may not speak much about those specific attributes, but it SCREAMS volumes about you maturity. ;)

and I'm not making ad homimem attacks, every remark I have made to you has been clearly confirmed by your responses or lack thereof.

20. Nerdanderthal

Nerdanderthal Members

You continually call me stupid. I'm not stupid, I'm smarter than you. I'm so sure of that because you can't devise one single test in which you can beat me. People who lose at games all the time convince themselves games are not important. People who score poorly on IQ tests convince themselves they don't mean anything. People who don't do well on SATs convince themselves they're not a good measure of brain power.

People like you do not want to confront dysgenics. You don't want to think about the movie Idiocracy and how lower IQ people outbreed high IQ people many fold. Even if they do, IQ doesn't matter right!? So let's not think about it or talk about it.

If you are in the top 1% of SAT scores and IQ scores and critical thinking then you might be able to claim that you're smarter than me. You would certainly be in the same ballpark at least. People in the top 1% of brain power generally have an easier time acknowledging uncomfortable truths like the encroaching Idiocracy, and worldwide IQ being steadily dragged down as very smart people have smaller and smaller families. 2.1 kids per couple is what's needed to maintain the total population. We consistently see the least violent countries having the lowest fertility, and the highest IQs. There's an inverse relationship between -feritility and IQ- and between -rates of crime and IQ- countries like Japan and Germany and Iceland have super high IQ's, super peaceful societies, and super low birthrates.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Fertility_rate_world_map_2.png

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/violence/by-country/

I guarantee you won't address this fact. There are voluntary policies that can be enacted to help remedy this disastrous rule of nature. No compulsary programs need to be installed, if people can just agree to work together to address the problem. If the problem continues to be dogmatically ignored, people like me won't have any say in the matter and the global elite will take measures to fix the problem themselves. The only power us little people really have at this point is persuasive power. If we're not idiots, and we campaign for reform that makes sense on a planetary scale, the people in power would actually listen.

Even the evil elite would prefer voluntary, peaceful solutions over brutal, oppressive ones. The question is, are people too stupid to volunteer for necessary remedies. Are they too stupid to acknowledge the problems in the first place, or are they insistant on ignorance? This is undoubtedly a big part of why so many secrets are kept from the public. Most people are not ready to commit to the truth. Especially when it conflicts with their ego or their worldview. If your commitment to reason and evidence is absolute, if you're always up for the debate and for problem solving, you should have a role in the solution. Your voice should be heard.

If you're resolute in your refusal of debate. If you insist on the persistence of sacred cows, ANY SACRED COWS, you are part of the continuing problem. Your voice will not be a part of the solution. In fact the first step in developing solutions is to remove the road block that is you.