I See Things When I Meditate.

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by PhotoDude, Nov 29, 2014.

1. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

Not every time, but every so often I see visions when I meditate. Anybody else? What do you see?

1 person likes this.
  2. beyondtheastral

beyondtheastral Member

Is there a repetitive theme to the vision, what feelings do you have when you observe them? Sometimes its a sub conscious message of something you need to address.

1 person likes this.
  3. beyondtheastral

beyondtheastral Member

Use your intelligence and discrimination - some of what you see is relevant.

4. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

yawn

1 person likes this.
  5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have visions when I meditate. That's where alot of my past life recall comes from.

6. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

aint it funny how they're all Cleopatra
    when you gaze into their past
    (The Who)

1 person likes this.
  7. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ha ha ha...My recalls are pretty mundane.

8. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

I had a past life regression as a kid and i was a travelling salesman in 1900s CA who got mugged and killed.
    I paid money for that? No thanks!

9. thestarshinebright

thestarshinebright Guest

me too. it's normal..it's really weird. the dangerous part is getting stuck in meditation mode.

10. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

for working knowledge of buddhist visionary sequence nobody explains it better than Dzogchen - and a good book is "Heartdrops of Dharmakaya"

11. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

I see things... :unsure:

1 person likes this.
  12. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

you are the reincarnation of bodhi dharma

1 person likes this.
  13. Strawberry Banana

Strawberry Banana Members

When I manage to get into enough of a trance while meditating, I usually start seeing all of these arms with their hands reaching out to me or wrapping around me, until they've completely consumed me. I've come to realize that that sequence is basically what happens when I transition into a visionary state, where I'll actually see vivid dream-like imagery forming in the darkness behind my eyelids. This imagery is usually very controllable like lucid dreaming, but is generally far more abstract and disconnected than that.

For me, these hands seem to be connected to the ego death experience as well. Every time I have ever reached the white light experience of infinity, from psychedelics, Salvia divirnorum, and meditating while on cannabis, the transition into that state was also accompanied by the hands, but in those times, they completely disintegrate me and it transitions into a true out-of-body experience. So, I've come to think of the experiences that I have normally while meditating to be a lesser form of that.

14. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

the 'hands' thing is interesting and one find reference to hands very often in the Vedas, and especially the 9th mandala of Rig Veda - which is called the 'soma mandala' and which has to do with ego

15. Sole Searcher

Sole Searcher Members

I don't think it's out of the ordinary to see things, visions, or even psychedelic patterns or shapes during deep meditation. I've read that the pineal gland releases DMT during sleep and death, so it would probably be the same for deep meditation. Obviously, none of this can be proved. Just like anything else, you take it on faith.

I knew somebody who had enough ayahuasca and DMT experiences, that they had seen enough, and chose to instead seek the same plane through solely meditation.

You also have to wonder why so many images related to meditation show psychedelic-type colors, shapes, and patterns. It's like energy manifesting itself into view. Maybe...

16. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

I've been transported to a cliffside bar I went to a few times on vacation while meditating before. It started sort of like the visualization in Donnie Darko. I was listening to a guided breathing meditation cd, and after a while I envisioned myself and my surroundings. Along with an "appendage of energy?" stemming from my chest. It would expand and retreat as I would breathe in and out a few times, then all of a sudden my mind shot out of my body, in front of me, to the left, up the stairs and out the window into the sky! In just a few seconds (it seemed), I was sitting under a cabana on the cliffside bar looking at the sun dipping into the ocean.

It was a really cool experience. Unfortunately I lost the cd that I was listening to, but I hope to have such an experience again. Just need to find the time to relax lol. Long enough to meditate.

17. AstralBear

AstralBear Feed the Bear

Sometimes I see beings, and sometimes I see very beautiful places. I also see a white light sometimes.

18. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i see things just by closing my eyes, i dont even have to meditate, if i focus on it, it can be a beautiful mix of colors.

19. Mr Smith

Mr Smith Newbie

For a start you do not meditate, you practice a meditation technique, if you're seeing visions then that technique is not working.

20. Bud D

Bud D Member

I think if there was a goal of meditating it is to be able to handle a natural release of DMT. Seems so much more pure and positive to experience change without a drug, but with natural chemistry via openness to change.

I started seeing what I was taught are spirits over a decade ago. It was a lot of bullshit at first, so much drama and denial. When I meditate I still see them and they interact nearly pointlessly. Sometimes my inner energy pathways alter and things take on a deeper older form. Nothing as dramatic as drug use but it's the same area. I see a lot of colors when I meditate and one in particular has been with me for 16 years.

I remember meditating before sleep when I was a kid. I don't remember the exact time ecstasy left me and my ego formed, but I remember looking for that and out of body experiences when I was about 4 or 5. I do wonder if I stopped tobacco if I could go deeper and let go more. But I really need more power and change to even stop smoking. It will have an inner attachment for a long time, even if I do stop!