What Made You Grateful Today?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Spectacles, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj2ofrX7jAk

My life has been stressful and depressing the last few weeks. Sitting here this morning I am grateful that I am in a warm apartment, my pets are healthy, and today I will get to share a Thanksgiving meal with my brother and my 91 year old Dad. I will also get to wear a warm jacket, scarf and hat while I take my dog Grace on her walks today.

What are you grateful for today?

1 person likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

"Im grateful nobody got killed by the pinata" always comes to mind when I hear the title..
    (I was in a veterans rehab and we had a cookout with tons of people /holidays and stuff.. this one dude built this giant pinata. we tied it from a 2nd floor railing, and it was heavy as could be bobbing up and down. we thought it would knock a kid over.
    the end of the day we gathered and talked about the outing and what we were grateful for.
    and I said.. "Im grateful nobody got killed by(name's)pinata".. everyone roared. :) same person made me this airplane out of soda cans for me. I still have it.

Im grateful for my girlfriend and other personal friends even tho Ive never meet you(unless im digging up some music, or just looking around the web. 90% the time its open to Hipforums.
    grateful for my puppy and car and some my friends that depend on me to drive them places. (probably a better income than a regular job.
    grateful sheriff hasnt taken this property too/yet.
    grateful I havent puked from drinking 14beers .. lol

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Grateful for the ability to see without Hoffman lenses.

If you know the movie I am referencing, kudos.

1 person likes this.
  4. Pressed_Rat

Honestly, I knew you were shitfaced before I even got to the "14 beers" part. That was an unusually candid and long-winded post (for you) from you, not unlike some of the ones I've written over the years, having imbibed.

1 person likes this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the same thing that makes me grateful every day. the generous diversity of an impartial universe.

1 person likes this.
  6. Pressed_Rat

I am actually kind of gloomy feeling today for some reason. I don't know what it is. It's snowing and cloudy out, fairly cold, and I have the next four days/nights off from work in which I will probably do nothing. I am sure there are things I should be thankful for, but I cannot think of anything at the moment, so I feel like an ingrate.

1 person likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm grateful I was able to sleep in until 9 today which is the latest I've slept in 2 years. And even though the introvert in me is dreading today I am grateful to spend the day with so much family. And I'm grateful I get to do it all again Saturday with friends.

1 person likes this.
  8. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

In these terms we exist for and with each other.

1 person likes this.
  9. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I took Grace for her early morning walk at the park. The sky is overcast and hinting of snow yet to start. There is a small limestone quarry lake at the park and a dozen ducks and half as many geese here still. The ducks sounded like they were laughing. It put a smile on my face.

3 people like this.
  10. willybilly30

willybilly30 Member

Great ful for my family that I'll see on thanksgiving,great ful for the Internet to talk to those I don't see, great ful I got a job, a warm apartment, food, and everything I need.

1 person likes this.
  11. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I'm grateful for the usual things....friends, family, decent place in life but.....we don't have a lot of family around here so our gatherings are very small. Today will be me, my wife, two of our kids and a friend....and I'm kind of grateful for that. Not that I hate huge family gatherings but damn...they sure can get stressful. Holidays are a breeze for us.

1 person likes this.
  12. deleted

deleted Visitor

I make some long winded postings from time to time.
    usually when I cant, its because the computer is running music. kinda jams the cursor up and typing is a difficult ..
    or Im just feeling to lazy to drag out the comment thats been said a 1000 times before. https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8502/8313154102_d5e4fc9f1d_z.jpg

Im grateful for THC. the hangover cure :D

13. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

“Let us suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid. (As a matter of fact, it cannot possibly be said that man is stupid,
    if only from the one consideration that if he is, then who is wise?) But if he is not stupid, he is monstrously ungrateful.
    Phenomenally ungrateful. I’m even inclined to believe that the best definition of man is
    - a creature who walks on two legs and is ungrateful.“

Notes From The Underground, Fedor Dostoevsky

Yes thanks Spectacles, it is good to be reminded that we should be grateful for what we've got.

I'm grateful that I've got my own place to live and don't have to struggle as much as some people I know.

1 person likes this.
  14. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Same here, it allows me to be functional so I sure am grateful for it.

I'm grateful I woke up this morning feeling good and energized, ready to face the day. I'm grateful for my husband who works so hard to support us and who takes care of his little famile (i.e. me and our son) the best he can. I'm grateful for love, friendship, generosity and solidarity. I'm grateful for my body healing properties and for the fact I'm now pretty much back to my usual self after having a c-section 2 months ago. I'm grateful because I have a nice and comfortable place to live, good and healthy food in plenty, nice clothes to wear, all my needs are met and I'm totally conscious this isn't everybody's case. I'm grateful cause I seem to always have luck on my side. I'm grateful for medicine and stand-up comics cause they both lift my mood and make me feel good/better.

3 people like this.
  15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm grateful for flan; 2 different kinds lovingly prepared by my daughter-in-law and her sister-in-law! I'm grateful for my daughter-in-law's whole family. We had Thanksgiving with them.

Actually, I'm grateful for everything because even the things that are dis-pleasing to us teach us something.

2 people like this.
  16. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I had a nice day. As mentioned...a good friend was over for dinner with us. But I tried to call my mom and brother a bit ago and got the voice mail for both of them. That's kind of a bummer. It would be nice to touch base with them since we don't seem to talk all that often...no reason for it...sometimes we talk kind of often, sometimes we don't. We live in different states and have different lives.

1 person likes this.
  17. shygurl170

shygurl170 Members

It's been a hell of year for me. I think back to last year at this time and think I HAVE SO MUCH TO BE GRATEFUL FOR! I have my health, amazing friends that have been by my side to offer advice, a shoulder and two of the most amazing boys ever! I have realized that no one controls your happiness, you create it! I am in a much better, happier place and for that...I am thankful!

2 people like this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I fed my bunny way earlier, yesterday morning even and he came bouncing up to me and rubbed his chin on my foot which the chin holds the scent glans so he was "claiming" me and then ate out of my hand. I thought it was über cute.. Not sure about grateful.. but it was adorable. XD

2 people like this.
  19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

umm, i'm grateful that i made it up the I-71 entrance ramp. i have a light pickup truck, it's a steep uphill ramp, and traffic was stopped at the bottom so i could get no momentum to get me up the hill in the blizzard. i seriously thought i was going to slide backward into the car behind me, but i managed to drive sideways all the way up the hill, and the other people on the road were even smart enough to give me space to slide around.

i'm sure there's lots of other things i should be grateful for, but that's the only time today i actually thought "wow, i'm lucky."

20. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I was/am grateful to have a job and to be off on Thanksgiving, where I was able to thoroughly enjoy it with my son and my 94 yr old mother, to be 95 Dec. 21st. I find myself awed and almost scared grateful (if that makes sense) to still have her around and about at her age, although she would FLIP OUT if she knew I was "telling her age". [​IMG] lol

I'm so grateful for my fine son, there are no words adequate to express this.

I'm thankful for having this dial-up (YES I AM!!!) connection and for my much loved pets...thankful for the pets more though!

I'm thankful I'm not broke and that I have enough common sense not to want to waste a second spending my money on these supposedly "great sales" that are now going on. :)