Dreadlock Help!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by elizabethe123, Nov 16, 2014.

1. elizabethe123

elizabethe123 Members

I have what I think of as a serious problem with one of my dreadlocks. I only have two, both I made about three months ago, but one is really acting up and I'm not sure what to do. My hair is very long, waist length, and one of my dreads has shortened up so much that it's only just past my collar bone. It looks really silly and I'm not sure how to lengthen it or prevent it from getting any shorter. Any advice would be super helpful!! (ps my other deadlock is wrapped braid style and is short but no where near as bad as the other one).

Thank you!

2. Dancing in the Mists

Dancing in the Mists Member

Wraps prevent dreads from shrinking like they are supposed to. It's completely natural for dreads to lose a lot of the initial length. I started with hair to the middle of my back, and within a few months, my dreads were barely shoulder length.

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You'll have to cut them off, before it spreads and infects the rest of your hair, or it will all grow in reverse, your scalp is absorbing the dreads and if the end of that hair reaches your head those follicles will never grow hair again and where that dread was will be bald.