All Religions Are False.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by RichardTheFrog, Nov 15, 2014.

1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

What about Pastafarianism?

2 people like this.
  2. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

^^^Yeah, kinda hard to disprove that one.

3. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

I kinda feel like it all started with some sage or another, ( like Lao tsu or Bodhisattva) and they really looked into things, ya know?
    And using their profound insight came up with some really simple answers they thought might resonate with folks and help them in their lives. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" for instance and "Don't sweat the small shit, and it's all small shit" and "There's nothing more bitchin' than nature, so don't fuck with it if you can help it!"

But lots of people still kept bugging them with their silly hang-up's and complicated "what ifs"... so, tiring of all the convoluted questioning they decided to write some shit down. Literacy not being terribly widespread, the texts quickly became the propriety of those that were literate, who were then free to dispense their own interpretation, insert wrathful god(s), a creation myth linked with original sin, dogmatic exclusionary doctrines, blood rituals, genital mutilation, etc...does that about bring us up to date?

2 people like this.
  4. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

"Don't be an asshole"

---Jesus

2 people like this.
  5. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

Science has not proven what God did not do. He did not create the matter of the universe. He did not create the sun or the Earth. He did not create life on Earth or human beings.

6. Wizardofodd

Yeah...so...I see no reference to scientific method here. Still waiting. How has science proved god doesn't exist? Just go ahead and lay it on us.

It's really kind of funny for me because I usually debate on the other side of this.

7. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

I just did. Maybe you just need to research those topics.

Read those books at the top of this thread.

Big bang theory, evolution. Read about those things and you can piece it together yourself.

Or, until i'm done writing my book, read that book by Joel Grus like I said.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL....LOL....LOL.....LOL.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

darn...ran out of smilies...

I'm with Wiz on this. why don't you go on ahead, lay out your "proofs" and settle this once and for all.

[​IMG]

but one quick question, what was the initial causation?

9. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

I have said it all multiple times. Science has proven what a god was not needed to do.

The only unexplained question is who put the energy here. There are theories that our universe was just the collision of other universes or "membranes" (as Stephen Hawking calls them), which obviously just delays the question, but.....

But that still proves that he had no role in creating human beings or the planet Earth.

10. Wizardofodd

It's interesting that you used the term "who"....almost as if you're referring to an entity. You are clearly out of your league and you're right...you shouldn't have started this thread because you don't actually have anything to back up your claims. Exactly which study or experiment proves that god doesn't exist? You haven't answered the question at all. If you have that information, you should be able to explain it and possibly provide a link supporting your argument. But you can't and if you could....you can move to the front of the line to collect your Nobel Peace Prize.

11. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

I have explained it multiple times. Read all those books I said up top. Not that I really expect anyone to read thousand of pages, but I have read them all front to back.

It is not something I could fit in a post.

Do you know the geological history of Earth? The Permian period, Ordovician period, etc.?

Did you know the Earth was created 4.57 billion years ago? Did you know most of the continental crust was formed during the Archaen Eon? Have you ever heard of the Hadean Eon? I know all this like the back of my hand.

I'm sure you have heard of the Cambrian explosion of life right? did you know the Cambrian period started about 542 million years ago, which is very recent in terms of geological time.

Maybe if you would ask me more specific questions, I could answer them.

Here are some wikipedia articles I just looked up, and no I did not do my research on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geologic_time_scale
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

12. Wizardofodd

I have asked you a specific, simple question. You can't answer it because...trust me....if there was an answer, I would know it and be telling all kinds of people about it. So the Earth is whatever number of years old and there was this era and that era....so what. That is utterly useless information when using it to say god doesn't exist. It means nothing. Do you want to switch sides in this debate? Because I can provide a more convincing argument than you have thus far (though admittedly....still not infallible proof that a single god-like entity does or doesn't exist)

Edited to correct my own mistakes. :)

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

You haven't explained shit, the only thing you have done is say "I read all these books with big words so I must be right!" like a petulant 8 year old.
    The only thing you have "proven" is that you lack comprehension of the topic.

ps, just so ya know, the Biblical account of creation does not contradict the scientific explanation; the Big Bang, in fact it more or less is in agreement with it.

but then again if you think your argument holds validity because you are only considering it based on a completely literal interpretation of scriptures/religious beliefs, then you are an idiot.

and I did ask you a specific question;
    what was the initial causation?

you have all the answers, that one should be a breeze.

or how about what is this relentless force we call "life"?

14. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

What does this information suggest to you or how does it even relate to the question of religion? You don't need a book to explain your own mind here.

15. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

It's more like it's not even worth trying to explain. Picture Einstein trying to talk to a 3rd grader. He might get frustrated and think it's not worth it.

the creation stories completely contradict with science.

Not only that, the creation stories in Genesis are actually adaptation of a Babylonian story called Enuma Elish.

The fact that you say that the creation story agrees with the Big Bang theory shows that you are not using logic at all. They completely contradict. If one is true, the other is false. There is no other way about it.

Did "God" create the world in seven days? No! It was created, along with the rest of the solar system, from a nebula 4.57 billion years ago.

How can you say I lack comprehension of the topic when I know EVERYTHING about it!!!

I guarantee I know more about your own religion than you do.

What are your beliefs? Tell me them right now and I will show you that they are wrong.

I know the exact details of religions you've probably never even heard of.

16. Wizardofodd

You've still not answered the question. Specific scientific evidence, please. And I'm an agnostic. Please explain my religion to me.

17. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

Here is the page in my book about agnosticism

"Agnosticism

Agnosticism is the belief that the existence of god cannot be proven or disproven. While it may be true that the existence of a god cannot entirely be disproven, it is possible to prove what a god did not do.

A god was definitely not involved in the creation of our solar system or of the Earth. God did not create life on Earth or human beings. God did not create mountains, oceans, volcanoes, or any other geological features. God did not create the Sun or the moon or any of the stars.

As mentioned in the chapter about science, the universe was created in the Big Bang about 13.7 billion years ago. This explosion presumably contained all the energy that makes up the physical universe. Some of this energy interacted with a field called the Higgs field and turned into matter. This matter then became subatomic particles, and eventually the atoms and molecules that make up everything in the universe. As stated in a previous chapter, our solar system was created about 4.57 billion years ago from a swirling cloud of dust called a nebula. No supernatural force was required to make this. Life on Earth began in the ocean when inorganic molecules became the first cell. Through evolution, this first cell became all of the organisms that have ever existed on the planet, including human beings. All of the geological features of the Earth, including mountains, oceans, and volcanoes were created through natural geological processes, not by a supernatural power.

The only thing that cannot be explained by science is how the energy of the universe came to exist in the first place. There has never been any evidence that shows that "god" created this energy and any such belief can only be described as fantasy. There are some theories that state that our universe is just one of many, but none of this has been proven and is all conjecture at this point."

Maybe look at the wikipedia of multiverse, or watch episodes of "Through the Wormhole" with Morgan Freeman that cover the topic of how the energy of the universe came to exist.

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Funny shit. I concede to your powerful statement , Mr Frog. Einstein--hahahahahahaha.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

religion is how humans deal with death and the unknown. Despite all our scientific advancements as a species every single one of us remains ignorant of what exactly it means to die until the moment when it actually happens. Who cares if religion is true or false? If it helps people make sense of this baffling life then it fulfills its purpose.

3 people like this.
  20. RichardTheFrog

RichardTheFrog Newbie

"The Afterlife

As long as human beings have been in existence, they have wondered what happens after you die. In fact, there is evidence that even Neanderthals had a concept of aftelife. Is there an afterlife? Do our molecules simply decompose into the ground? The answer is that if we reproduce before we die, then the chemical reaction that is our body survives in some way. Our genetic material is passed on to a new generation and survives our death. Therefore, if we do not reproduce before we die, then our molecules simply decompose into the ground and we do not survive after the death of our body.
    There is one less absolute way that a person can survive death. A person can survive in the memories of the others that will remember them after they die. For example, a person that has no children, but that is very memorable, will survive literally in the molecules of the brains of those that remember them. However, this type of afterlife survival is not absolute, as is reproduction. There has never been any evidence of any supernatural afterlife such as a heaven and all such beliefs can be described as wishful thinking."

-my section on the afterlife.

I don't if scratcho is being sarcastic or not. You know that medieval astronomers were put in prison for saying the Earth revolved around the Sun, right? It wasn't until the 1800s that the pope formally gave the Earth sanction to revolve around the Sun. So until the 1800s, the Earth was the center of the universe.

-and an example of that second part would be someone like Adolf Hitler. He is very (in)famous, but he did not have any children. He is still "alive" in people's brains because they remember him?