Changes To Site Menu Bar

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by skip, Nov 11, 2014.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

We were always linked to FB and the others on the bottom of the main forum page of the site, from the beginning.

All I did was make the links more visible everywhere.

It's just a link. We have no tracking code, no ability to use FB to sign in here (so far).

Did you have to sign in to FB? Of course you did (unless you were signed in already). So you knew what you were doing, no?

You do know how Facebook likes work, yes? If you don't want anything showing up in FB from here, you obviously don't click on the FB icon.

Now, with every page having a link, people who never see the main forum page can share this site with their friends.

And when people find a specific thread they like, it will provide a link right to that thread, with the title, as you saw when you came up with sex, drugs and rock and roll for our main page.

Our logic behind this is: Where would you rather post the more intimate details of your life, FB or HF?

Well we think a LOT of people would rather be here than FB, and this is one way for them to find us and show them the way here.

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, I did not understand how clicking the "like" button here would work on Facebook.

3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I think I did when he first mentioned it and I didnt like it.... I mean I DONT USE THAT GARBAGE but just the thought of FB being connected more here than it is wasnt a good feeling.....

I TRY TO STAY CLEAR OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! -- As much as possible..... I dont want my stuff being indexed by them.........

IM NOT MAD AT YOU SKIP......... I am just expressing stuff (Thank you for replying and explaining (Ya didnt have to))

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ the convenient thing about this site is that all buttons are optional. if you don't want to like hipforums on facebook, you don't have to click the "like hipforums on facebook" button.

i generally think it's nice having more options, so that people who do want to use them can do so.

1 person likes this.
  5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

a lot of websites use the facebook like button or other facebook related code implemented in the site because it gets them more traffic. youtube is a big example, youtube and facebook both generate traffic for each other.

i don't really care for fb that much either, but i dont use an FB account so its no problem.

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I use facebook for several things.

I have a family genealogy group there with my cousins. I have a page for animal rescue. I have a page for my neighbors, and I have a neighborhood watch page there.

Facebook is handy that way.