Severe Arthritic Pain

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Gazz77, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Gazz77

Gazz77 Members

Hi Guys, unsure if I am in the right forum.
    getting long in the tooth, closing on retirement, but developed aggressive Arthritis, in all my joints. the drugs I am taking to combat the pain are horrible,
    highly addictive, and with not very nice withdrawal symptoms,

My question is this.
    Can medical Marijuana help, perhaps even take the place of these pain killers ?
    Looking around (UK) and there are a few medical Marijuana types of seeds available, any suggestions on what seeds I should buy.

Thanx
    Gazz

ZenKarma likes this.
  2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Hi Gazz! Welcome to the Hip Forums.

Yes, marijuana can help with arthritis pain.

I suggest you look into edibles as they allow you to ingest more cannabinoids than you can smoke.

High levels of cannabinoids are an effective pain reliever.

If you're in a place where it's legal, it's certainly worth a try!

1 person likes this.
  3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i use a combination of edibles, smoking to control some pretty advanced arthritis....it works and allows me to detach from the pain and carry on my day with no pills whatsoever.i also carry around over 20 ounces of titanium with multiple bone grafts.i use weed to control all of it

Lynnbrown, ZenKarma and Tyrsonswood like this.
  4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Anything that is Indica dominant should work well on pain. But it will also probably make you sleepy so that is where the sativa comes in. You would have to smoke a few strains and see what works best for you.

ZenKarma likes this.
  5. Gazz77

Gazz77 Members

Thanx guys, I don't smoke but was going to use a vapouriser, sadly where I am it's far from legal (UK)

have bought "Painkiller XL" seeds
    I am realy hoping this will work for me, but first stage is growing them.
    many thanx

1 person likes this.
  6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I'd recommend checking out acupuncture for arthritis. If you are in London, there are a couple of teaching clinics there that can treat you for relatively cheap.

Good luck with treating it, however you go about it

ZenKarma likes this.
  7. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Hey Rollingalong! How's your bones doing these days? I too have begun the arthritic experience.

It ain't nothing like Hendrix...

I'm not finding relief... perhaps I need to make a strong oil to rub into my creaky fingers?

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I ordered some cbd oil earlier and noticed the site has a cbd balm for muscles and joints. I dont have arthritis but I have a near constant ache in my shoulder from an old injury and I think I might order it

My uncle manages his arthritis mostly through diet, he doesnt eat any meat except fish, no bread or pasta, lots of veggies. He says it is like night and day from before he changed his diet

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

red tiger balm helps my finger joints and knees

it makes you smell like an old person tho

and hurts your eyes if you forget about it and touch an eye

other than that naproxen seems to help

eggsprog and ZenKarma like this.
  10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Thanks for the tips Meliai and SpacemanSpiff :)

I agree tiger balm is pretty nasty smelling, makes me nauseous.

The bit about bread and pasta, I have to wonder if he's got a gluten allergy. The fish oils will certainly help though. :)

Glad to hear Naproxen works, but as always I wonder about long-term use of any more drugs than I already have to take.

Cannabis seems to be the only one that doesn't have some type of bad interaction with other drugs and/or side effects (is used externally).

11. cherryorc

cherryorc Members

Not sure if THC helps pain, but it does take the edge off. I usually take CBD for pain and it works well.

You can usually find CBD oils pretty cheap anywhere these days but I prefer Elixinol brand, as it seems to work faster and more consistently than other brands I have tried. It advertises extra bioavailability on their site.

12. Josh Johnson

Josh Johnson Members

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and I have found the best thing I ever did was go on a plant based diet. That allowed me to stop all medications. I began using cannabis to see if it would help with sore joints. I find that it is very relaxing for me and that in itself helps with the soreness and pain. I don't think it will cure RA but it does help. My question would be what are the contraindications of using it. So far I have not found anything but I have only been using it a few months.

13. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I've been using it for my RA for years. My rheumatologist has no problem with it, and has no concerns about interactions with my medications (plaquenil, methotrexate).