The Church Wont Let Me Do Community Service.

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by aesthetic, Oct 31, 2014.

1. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

I just got off the phone with one of the church administrators.
    He told me that the Help Center, a church funded public service center will not allow me to do community service because im a freemason. They are concerned I will preach my views and convert non-believers.... Basically they are pissed because they think im gonna steal their "market."

What the fuck im about to lose my cool. Damn near 80% of our members are devoted Christians and the other 20% are catholic.
    I even took an oath swearing on the bible, and they wont let me help the homeless and underprivileged because they think the freemasons are not Christian enough.

2. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

He just called me back and questioned me inquisitively, asking what I think 'religion' means. I told him I didn't really want to be questioned. He then tells me to have fun, and hangs up.

Dudes satanic or some shit.

What the fuck, im not a dictionary, let me help people and dont question my belief's! im not questioning yours!

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

What's a freemason, and why is this so threatening to a christian?

4. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

It's a fraternity for people who want to learn about culture, history, camaraderie, and help their community in doing so.

It's not threatening... Yet the church feels threatened by my willingness to help.

5. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Freemasonry is probably considered by an adherent religion to be a secular group, and that's why you were asked what you think religion means. Still, it would be quite improper for a religious official to have spoken to you in a condescending and bitter way. The right thing to do is explain why what you identify with would be incompatible with that particular religious group's guidelines and standards.

sec·u·lar (s[​IMG]k[​IMG]y[​IMG]-l[​IMG]r)
    adj.
    1. Worldly rather than spiritual.
    2. Not specifically relating to religion or to a religious body: secular music.
    3. Relating to or advocating secularism.
    4. Not bound by monastic restrictions, especially not belonging to a religious order. Used of the clergy.
    5. Occurring or observed once in an age or century.
    6. Lasting from century to century.

n.
    1. A member of the secular clergy.
    2. A layperson.

6. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

They did not tell me anything about guidelines or standards he pretty much fucking cast me out as undesirable. Im going to be following up very soon to inquire a sit-down, perhaps he would be willing to tell me to my face. And me unto his.

He stated "They are concerned about fear my 'Motives." The most ungrateful Christians I have ever encountered; Before he found out I used to belong to a fraternity, he had me come into the church to discuss our terms of civic service. The entire time he just preached his god and told me to question my beliefs and not to question his. He interrupted me multiple times, spoke as though he was a godsend. Fucking evangelicals.

And him, not once asked me what I thought of what he was saying. Nor did he care what I believed. Made me feel like im just a marketing tool for his morality complex.... Sickening

I lost a lot of respect for this particular church.

7. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Sounds like he's been undignified (in his life and / or career) and is defending himself, for being in an unhealed condition. I'm not sure why you feel the need to pursue the matter. You aren't going to school him or change his mind. It would be like intentionally bouncing your own head against a wall. It should not be a battle of wits or wills. I think you were done a disservice in the way he misspoke and mistreated you (if your account is accurate, and I take you at your word).

If you truly would like to be helpful, make a peace offering. That peace offering will be good for you and him. You're angry right now so in that anger, you aren't peaceful about the ordeal. It's not like he cost you your soul and your life. He didn't devastate you in total ruination. He didn't cast you into a pit of darkness and depravity.

You'll figure it out.

1 person likes this.
  8. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

Wicked men walk from every side; when the vilest of men are exalted.

Im not devastated or in total ruination [​IMG]

Of course im mad, but you make it seem like im gonna hurt him or something. Im just gonna sit down with him and if he get's rude im gonna put him in his place without fear.
    But yeah, I pretty much figured it out. Ill quote you and let you know how it goes.

9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I think this is the sort of thread set up to talk "hypothetically" about how great the masons are...

the church is bad...

bla bla bla

I personally think the masons are set up along with the illuminati and etc...but that is just my thought

There are MANY masons that go to church.

There are also demons that are designed, if you will, to inhabit a church and/or its property to cause problems, wreck havoc, and cause discord...that sorta thing. :)

Just because a person goes to church does not mean he truly believes, or puts his belief in God.

That goes for whomever you talked to.

10. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Oh, I'm sure I didn't make it seem like any such thing. I've done my best to support you, from explaining why an adherent religious official would scrutinize you (your background and association) to why he might be behaving in the way he is (and again, I'm taking you at your word and not presuming you're skewing anything or left anything out). All of this is appeal to reason and understanding. I've also highlighted what isn't happening .. which serves the purpose of perspective .. in weighing the gravity of the situation (it isn't so grave).

I understand why you'd be incensed but you say you want to be helpful...

Okay. Good. And you clearly have an opportunity. There's a contradiction if you say you want to be helpful but then in the same breath, you want to have a face off. Maybe forgo the face off and just make peace with him? And wouldn't that actually be an aspect of community service?

11. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

Laughed pretty damn hard. Did you just make a conspiracy on my thread? Im in the illuminati bro. lol

Thank you so much for your help, again.

Im not being contradicting, im not going to argue with you about my motives right now... I know exactly what Im going to do. Ill let you know how it goes.

12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

a perfect example of hypocrisy....

1 person likes this.
  13. NurseSteve

NurseSteve Member

Deadringer, just tell this fool that Masonry is founded on the belief in the "Grand Architect of the Universe" an AA is funded on the belief in "A Higher Power" and let him stew in his own narrow minded juices. He sounds like another self centered "Evangelical" who has a position of power and lords it over others.

1 person likes this.
  14. extreme-duality

extreme-duality Members

Free Masons don't advertise their affiliation publicly or with conceit, and those who do are shunned- its considered a 'secret society' for a reason.

If you were ever really a mason, which doesnt seem likely. You no longer are after this. thats a guarantee.

15. humanbeaing

humanbeaing see you in paradise! HipForums Supporter

I am sure freemasons are satanists in disguise.

16. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

I think we should burn all the freemasons like we did the Templars

/jk