Holy Chit Chatman

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Tyrsonswood, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i just spent over an hour trying to save the rottenest alternator ive ever seen

i think it will survive..

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Where I live that's a trip to town - a city is a couple times that.

I love it.

I don't get bored driving, really.

3. broony

broony Banned

Yea I don't get bored either, but I do get tired... sometimes I have to pull to the side a take a 20minute shuteye.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I think onion rings might be really good with cheddar in the batter.

Probably been done - don't tell me.

Not that I have any great batter recipe. I always forget the real ones, and most of my cooking works more on the general theory of the dish in question, than a recipe. I have a plate of onion rings now, made with flour, salt, pepper, and milk for batter. I think there's supposed to be cornmeal or something in there, but this is what I had, and what got used.

1 person likes this.
  5. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Good for you Roo on cooking (frying) onion rings. I can think of about 100 dishes/things I'd do before going to the trouble of that. :D

Since I only cook for myself, I rarely cook. There are way too many frozen dishes I can buy at the grocery store, not counting eating out occasionally.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

they make onion rings i could fry in grease in 10min .. breaded mushrooms i like that ,, some fried zuccini. most the stuff I could is easy, once the chicken is done for a couple days. tater tots and veggies all I need to make ..

7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

About driving and anxiety...I can drive fine in my town.

Outside this town, and to the little neighboring town where my son lives, I'm almost useless.

When I HAD to drive Carly the Crown back from a much larger (but nearby) town (and county), following the brother-in-law home, there was significant driving on the interstate. Since he lives in California, of course he is not more familiar with the roads than me, but he has NO problem driving any and everywhere...so, he, my brother and even my son just couldn't comprehend WHY I wasn't just freakin thrilled to death to go and get that car and drive back in that car by myself! Yes, they were all about as understanding as the copperhead that struck me 4 times.

I'm serious in that I walked in the yard for about 1 1/2 hrs before I could get up the nerve to do this. And even when I steeled myself to the fact I HAD to do this if I wanted this car, I can't even describe how hard it was for me.

As I drove, following the BIL, I was talking to my (dead) husband...feeling his presence in the car. Hey, I was driving and all that, but I was on the verge of crying every second and then I heard him say "Sooky, Sooky what has happened...you used to be able to drive on the interstate!" I was still tore up until I reached my county/exit. So, even feeling the presence of someone that loves you, and knowing in your heart everything will be ok, DOES NOT make driving anxiety go away.

I cannot imagine the circumstance that would get me in the car to drive on the interstate again. To go see my son, I don't have to get on the interstate. :)

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

forgot to ask, what's ailing ya?

I got a blood draw today, for a thyroid check.

The IV went in fine, or as fine as they can, and all was good - then she took her hand off (which always bothers me, even though it's usually fine - i don't like that needle wiggling in my vein and ripping shit up), and the twisted line jammed it sideways, so that the tip ripping into the side of my vein is what stopped it, I'd assume - she had me talking, and I got through it. I got out okay, but when I got to my car and took the gauze patch off, I had a marble sized hard ball, presumably a pressurized bruise/flood of blood, from the twist. Still hurts, and I'm highly uncomfortable and nearly giggly just thinking and typing about it. The lump went down in about an hour, but it's much more tender than usual.

I REALLY REALLY don't like things on my veins, or even at the best of times, touching along the inside of my elbow or other vulnerable spots. Thinking about shit poking into my vein makes me want to adopt a tight fetal position...

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

deep fried pickles are good

i had some today for lunch with a burger

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I always heard that, but never had them, until a friend was frying everything in sight and made me some, last week.

They were good - but they, like me, neglected to properly drain the stuff. Who the fuck has paper towers? And who has time to find a wire rack (which won't work so well anyway) when you're dealing with the oil temperature bouncing between too cold and smoking like hell?

Frying things is surprisingly stressful. It'd probably be different with a real fryer or a big pot of oil that would hold it's temp better.

11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

One diner I worked at had deep fried pickles as one of the menu items.

They were easy to make (if you didn't mind getting your hands and surrounding area a mess with flour) and good...and made a HELL of a mess in the fryers.

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

The shuttle explded

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

^ It was a rocket, wasn't it? I saw it on the news briefly and from the way they were acting, I didn't get the feeling there were people in there...were there?

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

No it was a supply run.

15. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

My good old mum used to make sesame prawn toast from scratch.I remember me and a friend one time had the munchies,and was there waiting for us.This was back in the early 90's during one of my "Summers of love".Mostly everything stinks these days - Or is it just me? (Please don't say "It's just you".)

16. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Oh that's those Chinese entree things yeah?
    I could nibble on chinese nibblies all day.

17. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Yes that's right.Won Ton soup is also delicious as a starter.

18. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

If I don't lie down when having blood taken, I pass out. It isn't even really a fear thing, I just get woozy and wake up on the floor lol.

19. broony

broony Banned

:drummer:

:smoking:

:rockon:

20. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

im a leaf thief. i raked the neighbor's leaves and piled them in my side yard. muahahahaha! im going to till them into the garden areas, then we will mulch over the top.

im going to do raised beds over the buried gravel driveway. its not where i was planning on putting the asparagus, but it will be fine there. and i an do some changeable beds there too, maybe make a space for growing grains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.