Obesity And Insulin

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by egger, Oct 24, 2014.

1. egger

egger Member

2. egger

egger Member

The usual response from bloggers to such an analysis is a caustic response with plenty of links to anti-establishment websites that are light on facts and heavy on ideology.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I actually think Gueynet is correct on a lot of things, and that Taubes is sometimes wrong and tends to overgeneralize and oversimplify. What I do know is that carb-restricted diets work. They have worked for me, and they have worked for a lot of people who have struggled on calorie-restricted diets where 50% or more of those calories are coming from carbohydrates. Guyenet states this in the opening paragraph of his article.

So while Taubes may be wrong on certain things, the general theme of his work, I feel, is mostly accurate. What I agree with Guyenet most on is that insulin is not the only hormone that affects weight gain. However, I feel that perhaps it is the most important, and is the biggest contributor to obesity for most of the population.