Women Didn't Use The F-Word

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by Karen_J, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

:rofl: From guys, I first heard it in elementary school. Those little boys were just like South Park characters.

Remember old Richard Pryor performances on HBO? :D He was ahead of his time.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Here is another film I remember from HBO.. Dressed To Kill.
    May of been the first time I heard a women say the word fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHuiCLkYHc

for the non-youtubers..

Liz Blake: Do you want to fuck me?

Doctor Robert Elliott: Oh, yes.

Liz Blake: Then why don't you?

Doctor Robert Elliott: Because I'm a doctor and...

Liz Blake: Fucked a lot of doctors.

Doctor Robert Elliott: ...and I'm married.

Liz Blake: Fucked a lot of them, too.

3. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I had forgotten everything about that movie except the two infamous shower scenes. Angie Dickenson was 50 years old when she showed her pussy in that film. Nobody complained about her looking old.

Social media technology is going to make it very hard to raise money for college from prostitution, or even from stripping.

1 person likes this.
  4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Perfect for this thread:

http://youtu.be/2ZfltpUhP30

4 people like this.
  5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

:rofl: Fucking cool!

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sigourney Weaver - Alien Resurrection

"So who do I have to fuck to get off this ship"

Great line.

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I am really not into cussing...or hearing it....but sometimes, I will if I am that angry or for full effect of my point.....but I don't like women sounding like guys that are hanging out in bars or drunken sailors....as the saying goes.

8. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Grace Slick said (sang) "motherfucker" on TV in 1969.

9. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Bold move, for that time. Was there any kind of penalty?

I suppose it is Amy Winehouse who gets credit for introducing "fuckery" to the mainstream masses, even though it appeared in print as early as 2003.

Accent matters. When people sound uneducated, everything sounds worse.

In general, most guys seem to like profanity from women, especially the big F.

10. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Women get angry too, and I don't see it as lack of feminity if they express it with a swear. Swearing all the time tho, just for the sake of it, is indeed poor taste no matter which gender the guilty part is.

11. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

No penalty.

Hmm... "motherfucker" vs. nipple ....... It's heartwarming to realize the the censors always look like twits.

I find it hard to applaud women for joining the movement to replace strong language with vulgar language and the ensuing shrinking of vocabulary.

Yes, its freeing for Grace to be able to express a strong feeling with "up against the wall motherfucker". But at the same time, it appears that the verbal skill to call someone a "stupid greedy fool" is being lost due to the ease of "you motherfucker". Similarly, by repetition, curse words are losing their strength.
    When my mom said "fuck", she was MAD !!!
    When some people now say "fuck", it means less.

Women's equality is not a coarsening of women, but it seems that becoming coarser is an easy path for women to express that equality.

12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Why?

13. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Quite a few seem to find it sexy, in some way. My husband agrees with this. I can't really explain it.

Why is that a bad thing? Why does English need words that are too terrible to be used?

When you want to make a more complicated point, English has more words in common use than any other mainstream language in the world. We aren't running out.

14. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

It'd be hilarious if you said and then were offended by it. [​IMG]

Best post in thread. As always. [​IMG]

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i was little, no one used the f word. and not just not around me. you know maybe a mechanic at work or something like that, when a wrench slipped and smacked a knuckle or something like that. but in everyday conversation, or even in humor before goerge carlin, no one but no one did, without a damd good reason for doing so.

16. MochaMood

MochaMood Member

That show, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, only airs on cable. They've been swearing on cable for a long time.

17. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

exactly, there's no 'fuck' on regular network TV.

All the cool girls said fuck when I was in Highschool, '74 to '78, and there were a lot of cool girls! (even before that in jr high) Back then there were 'freaks' and 'jock chicks' and the jock chicks were joining the ranks of the freaks every day.. hell, the captain of the football team was a freak. Pot smokin' was a pretty normal thing. lsd and mushrooms too, not much other drugs though that I recall. A few prescription drugs occasionally,
    ludes, and a few other sedatives but not a whole lot. Mostly beer, pot ,and lsd

18. MochaMood

MochaMood Member

By the time I was an adult, quaaludes were extinct. I always wanted to try them for some reason.

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

That's because we ate them all...

2 people like this.
  20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when i was little there were really strong gender roles and women and girls didn't get to do a lot of the same fun things guys did. i don't think its wonderful for them to have gotten aggressive. i don't think its a good thing for anyone to be. but i'm really very glad to see that kind of gender aparthied to be a mostly thing of the past in most civized places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.