Success And Crap

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TheSamantha, Oct 22, 2014.

1. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Do you think in order to be successful, you need to just agree to do shit you don't feel like doing? I mean REALLY don't feel like doing, not like going to work, but something like getting four hours of sleep, taking two hours to get dressed, running for an hour a day in the evening...? Is it worth it? After all, not all hard working people are successful (think steel mills), happy (only 20% of Americans are really happy, 77% of Americans hate their jobs), etc.

2. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i think you do have to push yourself to do somethings you dont like. sometimes i have to wake up early when all i want to do is stay in bed. but staying in bed would not make me successful.

as far as occupation, i think you would be more successful if you persue something that you enjoy doing.

but as for being happy, its more than just your job. i think alot of it has to do with what kind of lifestyle you lead. you could, for example, have a great job but have a shitty home environment. so being happy has to do with taking care of all aspects of life, money, job, health, relationships, family, etc.

3. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

It depends on how you define success. For me it's follow your bliss and have freedom. I'm a complete success from my vantage point and a complete failure from almost everyone else's.

2 people like this.