Monica Lewinsky

Discussion in 'People' started by Karen_J, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

That's the kind of thing young American girls do when they're in love. They save all kinds of things for sentimental reasons. I used to do that.

Monica's fate was sealed when the judged ruled that illegally recorded calls to her "friend" Linda Tripp would be admitted as evidence in court. Linda stabbed her in the back. Nobody else knew, except (partially) her mother.

I think post #28 explains this.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Of course I don't - or not necessarily.

She shouldn't have played kiss-and-tell games. She should have washed her fucking clothes. She shouldn't have done shit she couldn't handle or cope with, and "confided" repeatedly in a "please out me" kind of way to another nasty person, and then when that other person told her to do sneaky shit to expose people's private lives, she shouldn't have listened.

Once you're at that kind of point of having fucked up, it may not be worth it because you're already a major fuckup and ruined everything, but nevertheless, don't say a word - say you plead the fifith, and that any opposing legal opinions that you can't in this situation are not valid because they obviously may not know the totality of your situation (I guess think to yourself that you'd have to lie, and that would incriminate you.... but there's probably a few obscenity misdemeanors that could be applied here, too - and being given immunity to incrimination doesn't negate that incrimination, which hurts your private life, and as such, should not invalidate your fifth amendment rights - though I don't know if immunity was a part of the thing).

Basically, keep your big trap shut.

So yeah, who wants to hire someone who causes that kind of shit? If you're a grown-up and can work in the fucking white house and are a college graduate, choosing to have sexual relations is totally on you and does not make you a victim - but if you out other people's sex lives, it does make you an unhirable snitching blabbermouthed fuckup.

Unfair as it may be, I probably would have a much gentler view of her if she didn't have such an entirely insufferable attitude - but insufferable attitudes make you unhirable, too.

3 people like this.
  3. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I generally don't hire people straight out of college because they don't have the maturity of a 30 year old. If I have a choice, I'll take the older employee. Less drama.

1 person likes this.
  4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Well, that's certainly supported by the whole lewinsky situation....

Of course, that's people my age. But we should be more mature, and when we're not, I still think it's fair to judge us for it. To be fair, I like gossip, look at my post count - but if I fuck up someone's life doing it, it would still be on me, I would be the bad guy, not the victim.

I know she's in a tough spot to move on from, and I know it's a self reinforcing cycle with her behavior and the way she's treated for it, but I still dislike everything I've ever seen or heard of her personality and attitude.

If I was hypothetically hiring for a job that she was hypothetically applying for, and generally qualified for, I would not hire her - not because of her past fuckup, but because of her attitude and behavior since then. I don't like people who are self-righteous in their woe is me complex. Okay, life was not fair to her (when she fucked up), but she's been generally staying connected to it, and in the news every so often for silly crap like TV spots or talks about how shamed and victimized she is - she's obviously not past it, or changed any, from what I've seen (obviously, I don't know her personally - just going off the face she puts out there).

It's fine to have fucked up, I generally think people should be allowed to recover from just about any mistake, I think the only legitimate aim of the criminal "justice" system should be rehabilitation and protection of society, I'm that sort - I even sort of like gwb when he's painting dogs and not starting wars that destabilize the globe on false pretenses- but she doesn't seem to have changed any, so it's not a past fuckup, it's an ongoing personality issue that will lead to future drama.

5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

It would be very convenient if we were all mature from birth, but it's never going to happen. We learn partly by observing others, and partly by fucking up.

Most likely, Monica had lived a somewhat sheltered, upper middle class life. She wasn't this shrewd, cynical, streetwise power player who thought she could take on the US government and win. I'm sure she was terrified. Yes, she got in over her head. She was way out of her depth.

I think her key judgment error was trusting Linda Tripp.

That time in my life went much better for me, partly because I didn't choose any friends who sold me out. We were all in agreement that there was to be no evidence left behind of our extreme partying and sexual adventures. No recordings, no photos, no video, nothing on paper. Most of the conversations about it were face to face. No reason why we had to admit to anything, if questioned by an authority figure. That's the only safe way to do it.

You don't have to like her to see that she was fucked over and used as a political pawn. Beyond that, this story is so much bigger than any one person. It's about unrealistic expectations of perfection, from the cradle to the grave. If the new standard is going to be never doing anything controversial in your whole life, it's going to be a very shitty world to live in.

1 person likes this.
  6. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

All fair enough.

Don't get me wrong, monica in infinitely better than the people who actually tried to make a big deal out of this, and fucking impeached the president over it - that had a substantial amount to do with the dismal direction our political scene has gone. Ultimately, it shouldn't matter at all, but even if it made her who she is, it's pretty hard to like who she is.

7. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

She didn't get to have the normal work experiences that most college graduates have in their twenties, where you become more mature, learn to handle adult responsibilities, and figure out how to best use what you learned in class, in the real world. She's stuck in a time warp. Sad.

She's only given that one speech in recent years. We'll see what happens next.

8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I do agree with Roor about the snitching part.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

lol I had to laugh at this. I have a box full of momentos from boyfriends past but I can honestly say I've never saved a cum stain.

1 person likes this.
  10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Have you ever blown a US President? :D

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Remember Meliai, you are not under oath here!

12. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

If she's ever done it, I assume she's smart enough not to give an honest answer. ;)

13. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

WOW!.....and see how this thread goes on for an eternity......and people wonder why it was such a huge scandal in the media?

Wow...someone gave someone a blow job...SPECIAL....real special....

14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Besides all the political and personal privacy ramifications, many southern states still had laws against oral sex at that time, believe it or not. Some older people thought a BJ was a huge deal.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I did not have sexual relations with that president.

3 people like this.
  16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

You never know for sure who anybody really is online. Maybe one of us is Gennifer Flowers. :rofl:

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if someone would give me a blowjob, i would consider it very special.

18. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

They never proved the "sample" on her dress came (pun) from Clinton because too many people from Arkansas have the same DNA!

19. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Have you seen our love and sex section?
    ;)

What I've wondered is why not change your name?

I thought the same thing when I met Liesl Auman in the local laundromat. She'd gone into PR, handed me her card, I read it and looked up. "Do we have a mutual acquaintance in a certain Woody Creek writer?"
    She said yes, but to downplay that,

20. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The Girl can't order a dessert in a restaurant in New York without a having her photograph featured in the Murdoch tabloid eating cake or pie.

The inference is that she is a chubby and lacks self-control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.