Flip Phones

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by RainyDayHype, Oct 18, 2014.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

So the past couple of years, I've went through four of those android phones... they were about $100 each. The phone I had came with a slide out keyboard and this would always disconnect and ruin the whole phone. I still really liked the phone and kept getting the same phone. Yesterday, the phone broke again.... I've decided to just get a flip phone now (something I should have done a long time ago).
    Remember flip phones? They're pretty awesome.. I'm actually really excited to get it in the mail!! This phone is marketed as 'retro'... I got it for $20... sweet deal!

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  2. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

we still have one because our carrier doesn't get service in the village my family from so we have a burner flip phone

3. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

I remember. It just died about a week ago and my new one is the exact same flipphone. No desire to upgrade, it rings, texts, takes pics, srves its purpose.

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i remember when i could buy a flip-phone for less than $8, then later no less than $11. i still have probably 15 or so SIM cards in a drawer.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

of course i remember it. i had it until less than a week ago.

6. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I have two of them that still work.

7. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i actually think i may have one in a drawer somewhere. i know i have a "candybar" phone, and also one of those phones with the little QWERTY keyboard that i keep around just in case i ever need an extra phone for some reason

8. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

I remember when the Razor came out. It was the coolest phone ever. (at the time)

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There are still brand new models of flip phones you can buy

I have one cos the screen doesnt break when you drop it, or get scratched

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

how odd. i just bought one a couple of weeks ago myself.
    can't be THAT old.
    cell phones aren't THAT old.

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

My office at work doesn't have a land line phone. We all have to use a flip phone.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I still use my first flip phone. It's the only mobile phone I ever had and it still works fine. The only thing that sucks is that the battery is getting old.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I had a flip phone. Motorola I think. Lasted about 3 weeks and I said nuts to this and bought a Nokia slide thing. I remember the flip phone would crash to main screen when taking photos.

I've always stuck to the same brand of phones throughout, the Motorola was a change for me I thought I'd like. Big mistake.

I've had iPhones for the last 6 years now.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i've yet to have an i phone or an android. just way more expensive then i can see any point of. i don't even currently have a phone of any kind that's activated. i have one i got because i thought i was going to need, but just still keep forgetting to get around to activating. forgive me for being an old fart, but i miss phone booths and land lines.

15. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Haa- - I left my phone home last week,and needed to make a call from the road. I drove about 5 freakin miles stoppin at every gas station and 7/11 on Queens Blvd looking for a pay phone- - would you believe it - not one to be found ! -
    Finally this kid -( well he musta been in his 20 or 30,s)- -sees that I was in a bad way , cursing to myself. in a panic. . .figures out what the problem was and lets me use his cell phone..
    Yeah...there must be a giant phone booth graveyard somewhere , , ,

16. Asmodean

Got a smartphone from santa but I still call with my good old flip phone :D It's twice as small and just really handy and convenient. I'll get my sim card in my new phone this week probably (doesn't fit atm) so I can join the whatsapp hype.

17. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I still have the flip phone.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

Kirk to Enterprise..

1 person likes this.
  19. Asmodean

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I never understood why someone would buy a flip phone. I just press a button to answer a call.

Tags: