Liberal Topic: Save The Planet; Or Totally Neglect The Environment.

Discussion in 'People' started by Anaximenes, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Which is it? was the concept of the seventies and eighties; then the discussion went towards the problem of policy on the generation concerns in education over and against the concern of scientific progress. Those were the days of self-made millionaires and justice minded lawyers trying not to be hypocrites in the end.

Today the subject turns to something more brash and simple to reach about. We save the planet by stopping war and hunger; but the climate changes all the time nowadays. We turn our attention to deception about Nature; but nature looses for itself all semblance of purposeful truth for deciding the morals.

It almost begs the question: which is it? as meaning such for the structure of grammar and semantics.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Don't look to the politicians and millionaires to do anything but argue about who is at fault or flat out deny there's any problem at all.

I seriously wonder what planet these guys live on...

3. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Some kind of Hinduism considered then; I suppose.

4. Tyrsonswood

I'm trying some sort of zen attitude just to keep my property, it's trees and animals, intact and healthy...

I try to ignore the rest of that whole debate crap, because it's not going anywhere.

5. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

In your opinion what is the best most effective actions we can take to make the most positive change.

6. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Shave the planet. Cool shit down. Damn global warning

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That's right, we should shave all the trees.

8. Tyrsonswood

Change ourselves first... Less waste, use less, recycle, reuse, repurpose items...

If you have the "activist" thing going on try to get others to do the same, if not at least do these things yourself. We can't really change anything without changing our own lives first.

4 people like this.
  9. Eerily

Eerily Members

I'm not positive, but the question seems to essentially be: If one was going to work towards a goal of 'saving' the planet, would that person's time be best spent worrying about the people alive today, or about the environment, and how it's preservation is especially necessary for those in the future?

I can't say I want to work towards saving the planet in anyway, but if I was, the latter seems a far better option.

10. Eerily

Eerily Members

What about reconsidering our support, if there is any, for those who are recklessly wasteful? I realize, you seem to be advocating a 'non-judgmental' attitude, so to try to get around that (though I don't know if it's possible) I'm not speaking about actively bothering those who're recklessly wasteful, only quietly withdrawing any type of support we may give them.