Marijuana Is The Beer Of Drugs

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by OutAndAbout, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I hate it when you've had too many beers and weed on top just spins me to sleep. Happened last night. -.-
    Good sleep though. =D

2. OutAndAbout

OutAndAbout Members

Would you prefer for an answer to just be answer or rather for one answer to lead to another question which leads to another answer that may or may not lead to more of the same? I do not mean to be deliberately confounding, only to make you think in ways that many are unaccustomed to thinking in. I can take nothing and make something out of it. Or I can take something and make it appear to be nothing.

Now, in answer to your question, the only reason I get withdrawal problems is from increasing drugs to a point that they are no longer safe. However, this is not a problem of addiction but a problem of tolerance to said drug. I quickly develop tolerance to any drug for which there is any significant chance of becoming tolerant to that drug.

3. OutAndAbout

OutAndAbout Members

Drugs are drugs, it doesn't matter whether it came from a plant or is a chemical. Many drugs are neurotoxins while other drugs like methamphetamine and more infamous drugs like heroin are neuropoisons. There is evidence to support the assertion that Marijuana is poisonous rather than merely toxic to the nervous system and brain, but more conclusive studies need to be done in order to ascertain the truth of the matter. However, it is hypocritical to be a faithful adherent to one dangerous drug and demean someone else for using another dangerous drug. Both individuals are engaged in potentially destructive behavior.

I'll give you an example if you want, even though roo will probably bad-mouth me again, I don't really care, just refer back to the hypocrisy referenced above. I started out with 1mg of Ativan and quickly went to 2mg then to 4mg then to 6mg then to 12mg and finally to 18mg. Getting off that drug was literally hell. I had tremors so bad that even basic tasks were difficult or impossible. Fortunately, since I started taking Valium, the withdrawal issues with Ativan are gone and I can take a high dose like 120mg of Valium and my body doesn't have a problem with it. I guess I am more sensitive to certain drugs than others, but I am in general tolerant to many, many drugs. It is just a bad combination when I am particularly sensitive to effects as well as tolerant to a given dose like with the Ativan. Usually, I don't get worse side-effects from escalating a dose, but for some drugs that can't be avoided.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I could be wrong, but I believe methamphetamine is about twice as potent, by weight, as amphetamine.

That is to say, you're full of self-serving placebo and bullshit.

High crank tolerance doesn't make you cool - neither does stumbling around and proclaiming that you're not drunk.

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i think you are missing the fact that tolerance and addiction go nearly hand in hand. the tolerance increases until a point of equilibriul m because the brain always tries to maintain a point of homeostasis. at that point the dose you are taking (if not increased to compensate) will feel like it isn't working, because your brain is trying to keep things in balance, adjusting it's own natural chemical balance to compensate for this foreign chemical (whatever it may be) thaT you have introduced. if you suddenly cease dosing, or decrease the dose your brain will be again out of balance, but in the opposite way, which is usually unpleasant and called withdrawal symptoms.

and yes OP, Ace K is an artificial sweetener often found in such things as diet sodas.

6. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

A kind of greed sets in sometimes... especially around harvest when a grower is pulling in the bestest primest biggest dankest buds he's ever seen... same old story about getting the maximum profits then sets in. Then there's a radical personality change whena lot of cash is involved all of a sudden.

Some people NEED cannabis daily as medicine or for the head. I have no problem with most folks being high in everyday life, but please drug test the politicians and the doctors!

7. StonedClassy

StonedClassy Members

But....alcohol is a drug? I see what you mean though. They're both mild drugs that you can do and then continue to act normal.

8. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Marijuana is toxic for me.It makes me feel awful.There are increasing cases of cannabis psychosis amongst youngsters here in the UK.I never want to smoke it again.It agitates my schizotypal condition and just sends me way way to far out.I much prefer feel drugs to head drugs.

9. JeanetteBlanchette

JeanetteBlanchette Members

[SIZE=12pt]There are many people who adopt some good habits or some bad habits, some people gets addicted quickly and there are many individual with a strong willpower that they do not take anything. People currently are taking drugs for various motives like to reduce tension, for fun, for pastime and for several reasons. A good substitute for your problem is legal highs.[/SIZE]

10. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Alcohol, nicotine, caffeine....all drugs, addictive drugs.

11. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

Some people on this forum see alcohol as a harder drug than heroin :D

12. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

How do you define being addicted? I drink alcohol once a week, is it addiction?

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it is if you HAVE to drink alcohol once a week.

14. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Alcohols destoys more lives, has a larger negative impact on familys, communiys and society than all the other drugs combined.
    It's a fucking travesty that it's a legal and socially acceptable drug and MJ is not.

1 person likes this.
  15. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

It's not because its more harmful, its because there are so much more people drinking alcohol than people doing illegal drugs.

16. Pieceofmyheart

No, this is wrong. Alcohol is much more harmful to the body than marijuana. Basically it is poison to your liver and brain.

17. Pieceofmyheart

If you HAVE to have coffee, nicotine or alcohol...that is addiction.

18. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

This thread title is profoundly dumb.

I smoke only the Chimay of weed.

19. atsizat9050

atsizat9050 Members

But the point is, you can stand not having it, not forever but for some time. It's not a strong addiction, is it? Usually I drink alcohol once a week but since I have exams this week, I won't be drinking alcohol for 2 weeks so I can stand not drinking. I mean a pot smoker wants to smoke weed but he or she can stand not smoking it for some time, it is same for an alcohol user too. Not everybody who drinks alcohol is an alcoholic. I drink once in a while to get drunk. Besides, some people don't even drink alcohol to be drunk, they drink 2 or 3 normal beers and stop, their aims are not to be drunk. But my aim is to be drunk so when I drink, I drink lots of beers ( also not normal beers, the strong ones that have 7,5 percent alcohol) I am the kinda person who drinks alcohol to be drunk just like a pot smoker smokes weed to get high.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

people really dont drink alcohol for is disinfectant properties.