Is It Hard To Be A Man? :(

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by TheSamantha, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

VG, who are the morality police?
    That sounded sort of morality policeman yourself....lol

2. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

He was the first one on my ignore list. There are now over a dozen and growing fast.

3. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

I'm glad if I have no power over them. I hate power trippers. Power is not at all important to me. Connection, freedom, caring, authenticity, these things are far far more important.

I admit there was a little dose of bragging. I think bragging about sex is juvenile, unless it's with people who want the juicy gossip. But I was genuinely concerned about fairness.

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I never had an ignore list. Maybe I should....LOL

5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

When a man says something like that, it's less controversial. When a woman says something similar, it can be highly polarizing. Prudish women will start treating you like Satan, while sexually adventurous men will start treating you like a rock star or a goddess.

In general, sexually adventurous men seem to outnumber the women at least three to one. Sharing is a necessity to making the numbers work out. It never was a problem at the college parties I used to go to.

Whenever there's a couples only swinger event, I'm sure there are plenty of men sitting at home, wishing they could be there.

I know the difference between playing around and looking for a serious relationship. ;)

Swapping stories can be a lot of fun! I can't talk about this with many people.

1 person likes this.
  6. thatsall

thatsall Members

I find it very hard to get laid. I am very shy and introverted so, when I am single, I never get laid.

7. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

I have to say, the women posting here are my heroes, and the positive posts from the men give me faith in the human race again. The negative comments just confirm that some people are total assholes who feel they have rights but no one else does.

3 people like this.
  8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

This is probably more of a function of being shy and introverted than being a man.

2 people like this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

and being shy and introverted, i assume you are also never not single.

i don't see how. guys love shy and introverted women, and many would be more than willing to make all the necessary moves to pick one up. whereas women consider shy and introverted men to be about as fuckable as a cactus.

10. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Oh, I don't think so... I have one guy in my life that was terribly shy, which is why we didn't hook up in high school. He is one of the sexiest men I know..

By the way, he's not shy anymore.... ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I thought that the person I quoted was a man.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

we tried

but skip always lets him back him so we gave up

he's like the current version of chronictom

1 person likes this.
  13. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

It varies.

14. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

Yes it does vary. My main squeeze has depression and social anxiety. He's quiet and is a loner. He's a sweetie pie.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i assumed so as well. i'm not sure what i said that indicated otherwise..

16. thatsall

thatsall Members

It is a bit confusing what you said. you said this:
    in response to this:
    So you start how by disagreeing with the statement that woman don't like shy and introverted men but then you state that men like introverted woman and introverted men are not fuckably.

So I think you guys are in agreement just confused.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^hmm, maybe. i took youfreeme's statement to mean that being shy and introverted was the main factor keeping the other poster from getting laid, as opposed to the being a man. my point was that being shy and introverted is not in itself a turnoff, but it is when combined with being a man. so the manness would be the deciding factor, with the shy and introvertedness just being a potential catalyst rather than the deciding factor.

18. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Having personality isn't a bad thing..... even if that personality might be jackassy at times.

Even most times.

19. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

I long gave up on trying to live up to the societal norm of what "man" is supposed to fit.

3 people like this.
  20. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Oh, it's hard alright. :-D

Can't believe I came first with this.

2 people like this.