Identifying This Mushroom?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by blooming79, Oct 5, 2014.

1. blooming79

blooming79 Members

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Not good.

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

It is impossible to ID a mushroom without doing a spore print as well. Sometimes further lab work is also required. Don't pick wild mushrooms, easy way to die horribly.

4. CorneliusHargrove

CorneliusHargrove Members

Pinch it. If it stains blue where you pinched, due to oxidation, it contains the goodies to produce the desired affect; ie telling the body to produce a metabolite known as psilocin. Or as stated before, don't eat just any random mushroom.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

they are many species that blue and contain no psilocybin..

6. CorneliusHargrove

CorneliusHargrove Members

Well then thanks for the correction. Is there any true way to identify them then? Maybe there is some lab test. I did read that the spore drops are purple. I just made an ass out of u and me. The species that I have cultivated all pinched blue. Those in the wild such as morels didn't. Thus, I assumed. I did find a somewhat reliable source as a guide...lhttps://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/safe-pik/safe-pik.shtml

7. thedope

Actually it depends on familiarity. I can identify many species fruit in all their varied morphological states on macro indicators. Not to confuse the issue that you must be familiar in some definite way with what you are ingesting. I studied a little out side of university with joseph ammarati.

8. thedope

They are Gomphidius Sp.
    Your sample is in a state of decomposition Blue stains a product of this.

9. thedope

If you want to find psilosybes research them and their appearance and find out what kind of substrate they live in. There aren't that many. Look for and pick only those species from those areas. First ever finds should be spore printed for accuracy. Same for culinary edibles, there aren't that many abundantly available kinds.

Just a heads up that you don't find yourself looking in the middle of a swimming pool, although they could be along the edge in the presence of wood chipped landscaping.

10. thedope

Mushrooms for consumption should be cut cleanly at the base of the stem as to not damage the mycelium living in the substrate connoting a patch. Fruit will continue to flush sevral times in a season and at those sites year after year until the available food is gone.Find "your patch" and you can revisit it if desired.

11. thedope

The macro identifiers are cap, gills, stalk, universal veil and cortina