The Absolute Best Thing You Can Do For The Environment

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by pickleweed, Oct 3, 2014.

1. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

If you really care about the environment, wouldn't the absolute best thing you could do for it would be not having any children????

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

No. Caring for the ones you have would be best.

1 person likes this.
  3. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

If you have children, do you really care that much about the environment.

Take a single person who doesn't really care that much about the environment, then take two people who do everything they can for the environment, I bet the two people who care about the environment would have more of a negative impact than the single person who could care less about the environment.

just a hunch I have

4. thedope

Children are part of the environment. if we cared more about children and less about profits that would be beneficial. Everyone is someones kid.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

plant trees .. support cannabis building products.

6. thedope

I produce a good high with budding cannabis

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How so?

8. takethedirtroad

takethedirtroad Members

The environment is here to use . We parents are here to teach children to use the environment. ( in moderation I love to hug a tree just before I cut it down I cook with it make things from it I respect it Is the same with every thing in your environment )

9. Moonglow181

Native Americans used the earth, as well.....but their philosophy was when they took to also give back...plant, etc, as you said. ^

10. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Grow a garden, be thankful for everything nature provides and don't get caught up in financial status.

1 person likes this.
  11. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

I'd bet that two people that did everything they could for the environment would have more of a negative impact on the environment than the average person that doesn't even think about the environment.

I don't have a study, but I'd make that bet.

12. Moonglow181

You still have not answered my question...how? in what way?

or is it just another one of those vague, let's not make any sense but try to f people up statements?

13. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

Even Native Americans had a negative impact on the environment before a white man set foot in North America. For example, Native Americans used to burn the prairies to increase the grass the buffalo ate to increase the number of Buffalo.

When Native Americans log their land they replant the land they logged just like loggers who aren't Native American.

I grew up near an indian reservation, and I heard people say more than once that they had seen an elk on the reservation that had been killed where only the hindquarters had been taken, not the whole animal.

I was watching a show about people living in a small town in Alaska and two Native Americans were hunting moose with semi-automatic assault rifles, like AR-15's and sure enough it took more than one shot to kill the moose they were hunting.

14. Moonglow181

Yeah, I cringe at hunting anything, unless one absolutely has to because they are so poor to buy much to eat.

15. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

Take anything transportation for instance.

Take two people who make the most environmentally sensitive transportation decision they could make such as riding a bus instead of driving cars and the single person drove a car. I bet the two people taking the bus would have more of a negative impact on the environment than the single person driving the car.

16. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

There are better more humane ways of hunting than others such as using a high caliber bolt action rifle where your much more likely to get one shot one kill and the animal is therefore less likely to suffer than say using a relatively low caliber semi-automatic assault rifle to hunt large game like a moose

17. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Edit:posted in wrong thread.

1 person likes this.
  18. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

It's also more humane and respectful to the animal to use as much of the animal as possible rather than killing the animal and only using the most desireable such as an elk's hindquarters.

19. Moonglow181

I guess I do not see the logic in your thinking....
    Take 2 people who decide to build a garden for food.....and one that just goes shooting everything....I see the one person making more of a negative impact in this case.

20. pickleweed

pickleweed Members

I'm self-employed and I can work whenever I want just so I meet my deadlines and I'm naturally a night person. However, I would rather sleep at night and be awake during the day.

The only way I've found to reset my sleep schedule is to stay awake all day if I can't sleep the night before, and wait to sleep that night. It isn't pleasant but it's the only thing I've found that works.

I couldn't sleep thursday night because I surfed some of the largest waves I've ever surfed so my adrenaline was pumping and I had to stay awake the whole next day even though I couldn't sleep the night before.

One thing that's helped me is I've come to the realization I can still function at a high level without sleep. I just don't feel the best.