Syqnys(Pronounced "sickness") Atheist Rapper

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by TopNotchStoner, Sep 28, 2014.

1. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

[media]http://youtu.be/YULcUgF6Lag[/media]

[media]http://youtu.be/6csd7imtMn8[/media] ------- I especially like the part where he says "Ironicially, if your state read, it wouldn't be a Red State". Genius :2thumbsup:
    There are many of the songs by Syqnys that I could post, but I'm not really in the mood to post more.

Having said that, I'd like to hear(read) how my fellow HFers thoughts on this Syqnys.

Any thoughts?

1 person likes this.
  2. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

I think it's ignorance and conformity talking when he slams religion in calling it "mythological text", so in effect, he's guilty of the same thing he's sounding off about .. but he thinks it's okay for him to do and not other groups with other focuses. That's my only gripe.

3. TopNotchStoner

'
    I respect that, but I disagree with your assertion that he shouldn't refer to it as "mythological text", because that's exactly what it is. A few thousand years from now, Abrahamic religions(christianity, islam, judaism, etc.) will all be viewed in the same light we currentlyview Greek Mythology, because Abrahamic religions are nothing more than glorified and socially acceptable cults, and they are only the most recent religions in a long-line of thousands, or even millions of religions, and even more gods. As the saying goes........if one man believes in a god or gods, or any other supernatural bullshit, he's considered to be insane. If a small group of people believe god or gods, then it's a cult, if millions of people believe in a god or gods, they refer to it as "the only REAL truth". It's ridiculous.

Are you really so arrogant as to believe "god" would create the entire universe JUST FOR US?!?!?! I mean, would "he" really create an entire universe just so he could put his beloved children on ONE planet? Seriously.............there are billions, and even trillions(probably more) stars, galaxies, planets, solar systems, etc., and you REALLY believe you're special, in the grand scheme of things? We are insignificant.

I don't even believe in souls. I believe in brian-chemistry. Afterall, logically speaking, we know for a fact that our brain-chemistry is what makes me who we are; it decides are sexual preference(s), our musical preference, the type of people we're attracted to, whether we have empathy or suffer from schizophrenia or some other psychological disorder, etc.

Could you do me a favor and watch this video? It's very interesting, imo:

[media]http://youtu.be/9D05ej8u-gU[/media]

1 person likes this.
  4. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Trust me, you're speaking from ignorance and conformity. The point being made: some people think it's okay for them, but not okay for others .. when they're doing the same thing.

5. TopNotchStoner

I'm speaking from ignorance and conformity? I was raised Souther Baptist(I've lived in Georgia, which is the epitome of christian conformity, my entire life, and I've had to with people trying to push their christian beliefs down my throat since I was old enough to understand words. Also, people in Georgia DESPISE atheists, so is I was a conformist, I'd still be a Southern Baptist. My atheism is based on logic, a total lack of ANY evidence that the abrahamic god exists, and the fact that I know, in my heart, that there is/are no god/gods.

Think about this for a second. REALLY think about it. Most(not all) but most, religious people believe in their god/god's because they've been told that it's what they're SUPPOSED to believe ever since they were old enough to understand words. I just want people to think for themselves and find the religion, or lack thereof, that feels best for them and helps them improve their lives, whether that be christianity, islam, judaism, hinduism, atheism, LaVeyan Satanism(which is actually "atheistic satanism" or "rutualistic atheism), etc.