Simple Minds

Discussion in 'The 80s' started by archenemy, Sep 22, 2014.

1. archenemy

archenemy Members

Who here adores simple minds as much as i.do? I think i love their instrumental songs the best...w no singing at all. But of course l love Jim Kerr's singing too. I was so.lucky to.see them once in concert.

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Their early albums are outstanding. "New Gold Dream 81-82-83-84" is one of my favorite albums from the 80s. Phenomenal production and atmosphere. Unfortunately, everything they did after that point was second-rate by comparison, and the band basically sold out to commercial success.

3. archenemy

archenemy Members

Yeah thats when i first heard them on this new rock station they called it. I think first radio started playing promised u a miracle. And i bought the lp u mentioned. But u are missing out on their other cds! Theres hidden gems on all of them that emind me of new gold dream lp. But youre right their music has changed and they have different members. Theyre one of my favorite groups and i usually listen to hard rock type music..

4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhaHLoK3CF4

1 person likes this.
  5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

oops wrong thread.........Sorry guys!!