Schizophrenia

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by ginalee14, Sep 19, 2014.

1. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Today's brain digging science says that schizophrenia is fetal brain damage. Fact number one.

Fact number two is Deepak Chopra.

Deepak Chopra wrote a book for teenagers about a spirit manifest named Baba. Deepak spent four days with Baba.

If that were any of you, you'd believe you were schizophrenic. So why would it be that YOU spending four days with Baba is schizophrenic but when Deepak Chopra spends four days with Baba...

... You've got a lot to learn, Humanity.

2. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

No, it's just as crazy when Deepak Chopra says it.

3 people like this.
  3. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

You're wrong.

But there's a reason why Deepak is accomplished, respected and celebrated .. wealthy and blessed .. and you're just a punk mouth on the internet. I have not forgotten you from my other thread. You're ignored but it was worth it to me to read the first response. Not thrilled that it's yours.

Deepak Chopra wiki

Deepak is absolutely correct -- consciousness does create reality.

I was fully conscious before the Universe even existed. You aren't intolerably jealous of me, are you? SO jealous that you'd resort to violent abuse in the form of name calling? Because there is no other reason, aside of jealousy, that one might attack me for the TRUTH I am speaking.

I didn't start this thread to have a combative argument but to communicate. Kindly DON'T shit all over THIS thread. Thank you all, very much.

4. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

5. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Unread. Said what I needed to say. Will wait patiently for spiritual, interested people to participate in a conversation.

Tired of threads I start being ripped apart, shit on, derailed .. it's clear as day that it's entirely personal.

So, I'm just gonna wait.

6. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Must be the freedom of speech thing.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The Book is called Fire in the Heart. I've never read it but I suspect that Baba is a literary device although I'm sure Deepak would not admit to it.

2 people like this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think it is comments like this that make people a bit tired and judgemental of you. You make a statement about yourself of which you know it will raise eyebrows and then you follow it by a statement that seem to imply we have to be jealous if we do not take it serious (enough). This will put people naturally in an argumentative state (which is mainly caused by your own way of expressing yourself).
    But I understand it is getting tiring and annoying as well to get into this always instead of getting into what you really said and wanted the topic to be about. So I will ask a serious question because I really am wondering what makes you think you were conscious before your existence :) So what makes you sure that you were??

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

People with mental illnesses have historically been some of humanity's most creative minds.

I dont really know the first thing about Deepak Chopra so I can't make a judgment call there but I don't really see why being schizophrenic and being some kind of spiritual and creative guru has to be mutually exclusive.

I do agree everyone creates their own reality but I think people with mental disturbances as seen in schizophrenia have a harder time controlling that creation.

1 person likes this.
  10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

op-...you should look up the meaning of the word ''fact''

and while you are at it...look up ''childish''

11. Asmodean

I'm not sure about how creating your own reality is ment here. Like when they mean it like our physical reality is created by the consciousness of individual minds, I am not so sure of that. Of course it is clear we shape the world around us, but we do that by practice, physically. That we are creating reality (including the cosmos) by shaping it with our consciousness is definitely an interesting concept, and not by default worthless at all, but to me it is a concept only.

12. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

And science is schizophrenic with respect to the concept of psychological change in the mind and mental/physical change in the evolution of articulating self-consciousness. Woops, that was in the seventies. Today it is psychoanalysis of the new age vs. the social ecological development of environmental ethics.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont know how Gina means it but i mean it in the simplest terms: how we choose to perceive the world is how the world really is. Perception is everything.

i dont know how Gina meant it but i bet this is how ol' Deepak meant it as well.

14. Asmodean

But sometimes reality can clash with perception. Doesn't that indicates that perception is not everything where it comes to how the world really is?

15. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

But if you really understand that there is more than one truth you should be able to admit that your truth is not the only one out there.

16. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Which reality? It's all about belief and conviction.

17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

schizophrenics don't get to 'choose' how they see the world....

1 person likes this.
  18. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Quite a few artists, mystics and others claim to have had visions, met dis-embodied beings etc. I'm not at all convinced that is the same as mental illness. The problem I've observed in people designated as schizophrenic is that they are unable to get away from the voices or whatever else they experience, and they are not able to deal very well with 'consensus reality'.

Also, the fact that some people take psychedelics and have similar experiences which then disappear when the substance wears off may have some bearing on this question. In the early days of research, these things were classified as 'psychotomimetic - ie it was thought that LSD etc duplicated the symptoms of schizophrenia.

Some people have theorized that visions etc could be the result of a big dump of DMT, a substance endogenous to the human brain. I think these areas need a lot more research before we can arrive at any solid conclusions.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

it is everything to each individual. Everyone ultimately lives their lives inside their own heads, after all.

I don't think any human has a true grasp on what reality actually is. We're all bumbling along half blind, despite all our advancements as a species. Therefore all we really have to rely on is our own perception.

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

you're preachin to the choir brother