Weed For Pain Relief

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Irminsul, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Previously I'd of believed that using weed for pain relief was the silliest excuse for smoking weed if ever heard because it just never really worked for me. But the other night in as much pain as I am at the moment I decided pop my pills have a warm shower and smoke a bowl. And the pain faded. I could have gotten back on my horse and attempted that jump again. I assumed the weed kicked the pills into gear and sedated me but the next day I did it again without the barrage of pain killers in my system and once again that severe pain I'm experiencing faded for a few hours. Wow. Maybe it just works when you really are hurt, like really really, not just a sore muscle. It's weird. The pain fades away until it's just like a touch of pressure or a muscle knot feeling. Anyway I'm pretty impressed. =]

2 people like this.
  2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

yup...it works for me too....

what strain are you smoking?

1 person likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Only thing that works for me....

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have no idea what the strain is hehe. Whom I buy it off talks a lot about skunk 1 and skunk 2???

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

indica strains ...

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Couldn't tell you sorry. =[

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It is hard to know what strain you are smoking in an illegal area because you just have to trust the dealer. You are also probably not getting allot of variety, maybe the same few strains over and over.

I have heard Skunk allot in Europe. It is an actual strain but it also seems that it is just used as a term for good weed. For example like "chronic" in the USA, there is a chronic strain but most times people will just use it to describe any good seedless weed.

8. Tyrsonswood

Chronic is the term we used in California ten years ago... It just meant "good weed"....

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I figured out very quickly after I first started smoking that weed is a pretty good general analgesic and would always smoke when I had a cold or something.
    Now with my belly issues, a couple hits off the pipe stops the cramps in my guts almost as if I flipped a switch.

4 people like this.
  10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It really depends on the strain/kind of weed! If you have the wrong one you might actually be in for an unpleasant suprise (if you happen to get and smoke one that makes your mind active but not sedate you or relief any physical pain at all). It could get one in some kind of paranoid state like hey I'm only getting more concerned and I still feel my back (for instance).
    Best weeds for sedating yourself/pain relief from my experience are the heavy stoner strains called haze. I know a guy who really seems to smoke weed to calm down his mind, he doesn't seem to like those psycho active kind of weeds I generally bring at all. When I smoke his weed I get into a different state of relaxation. Real chill. Couch locked also :p

11. Tyrsonswood

I don't know strains

I would rather have something that gets me up moving, not couch locked. I just call it a "sparkly high". It still manages my pain very well, still there but less of it, and I can get stuff done. The month before I last had some weed, like March or April I had some perfect stuff and the guy said his supplier said it was "K 100"... That's the only time it had a name. I have no idea what that is or if it was actually a strain. What ever it was I wish I had a supply of that 24/7.

12. Asmodean

I've no idea either, but I know some other strains that are called K followed with a number. Those are indeed also pain relieving/sedating without getting you couch locked (except when you are phsyically tired already)! Those strong haze weeds just relax you a lot physically as well. It does a real good job of relaxing and sedating you in every way (sphincter happily not included).

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Around here, they just sell weed...or rather I've never found anybody that would give a name to it other than mids or reggie and then there is the higher quality stuff. I usually shoot for the higher quality since it isn't that much more expensive. But then, there is what is called "hydro" and it is ridiculously expensive; but, no better than the other stuff that I already get.

What I'm getting to is that weed helps me with my (undiagnosed) arthritis pain, and it definitely helps with back pain and stiffness. Even though I go to a chiropractor, the weed helps greatly. Hell, I've broken so many bones through the years (grown-up years at that!) that something really would be wrongly strange about me if I didn't have some deep bone pain. Strange as I am, my pain receptors work quite well. yay, huh... ;)

I won't even get into how much it helps me mentally. :D

2 people like this.
  14. Asmodean

As your attorney I advise you to get some weed called amnesia haze! Not sure it helps mentally though :D

2 people like this.
  15. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I don't think any weed with the word amnesia in it would hurt me mentally. lol It could help me forget not only about the physical pain but about other screwed up crap. :D

1 person likes this.
  16. Asmodean

Yes, it is excellent in that regard :D Really suits its name :p

17. Tyrsonswood

There is that aspect too....

1 person likes this.
  18. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

smoke some hash!

19. Asmodean

Hash is for partying and dancing [​IMG]

20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Is butane hash "dabs" getting popular over there, or do you have no idea what I mean? It certainly is in the USA but I still prefer the European style hash where you just dry sift to separate it from the plant or maybe use cold water and ice to do the same thing.

I don't put too much stock in "hydro". I notice in some areas of the country they assume that this must mean it is good. It could be but it is just another way to grow the plant. It allows you to control allot of conditions and have an environment better then nature perhaps but like you noticed Lynn it is not always better.