Denial Of Spirit? Not Possible.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by hickey, Sep 18, 2014.

1. hickey

hickey Member

Bacteria, if one is true to existing standards, is considered a life form in both the common and empirical perspectives.
    All life shares space in a fundamental principle.
    That principal is the commonality that gives the sun its spirit as well as the spirit in you.
    Life is spirit.
    We know we did not create anything close that gives us the allowances that spirit does.
    Its not religious or guess work - its principal.
    In principal, it all comes from an origin.....
    in principal, all in the same spirit.

I would not agree Mao was God but god knows Mao had the spirit that cheerleaders can only dream about.
    Spirit does not know you because spirit is you.

2. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

There are many Gods but only one God, Most High. Consider it like this:

Earth is not Venus
    Venus is not Pluto
    Pluto is not Mars
    Mars is not the Sun
    The Sun is not the Moon
    The Moon is not Neptune
    Neptune is not Jupiter
    Jupiter is not Uranus
    Uranus is not Saturn

But for what they all are, they are in their fullest, most mature form. They will not surpass themselves. Mars does not need to compete to be Venus, the Sun does not need to compete to be Earth. They each have their value, their worth, their power. Some people like to worship the Sun but I prefer .. the ground I walk on. We need all of these celestial bodies. Then think of the archangels, they aren't all the same, and each are vital, all are necessary. Look at this list of angels and their specific domains. Then there are the prophets and the saints, and all is always in service to Most High (to life, Humanity, the all that is). It isn't much different from our idols (Gods of music and there's a long list), beloved actors and actresses, beloved artists and poets ... there's simply too much jealousy in this great big old green world. haha

energy anagram: GREENY

heh

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Spirit is breath and there is no explaining why the breath comes and goes from the body. To those who correctly identify that the experience of being creature happens through the scaffolding of physical processes could also be privy to the fact that none of that happens without gaseous exchange and it is the metabolic action not the hardware or brain matter that sparks the light of consciousness.

4. hickey

hickey Member

"the light of consciousness."
    ​Indeed, and in lieu of light; the casting of shadows.

5. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

That's also called a remission. That was a public insult in the nineties; "you got a Remission." "Doctor defined the phenomena for proving it." Then there was the movie, "The lightness of Being" where the woman was constantly undecided whether she was in Love.

6. thedope

To see the light of a single candle in the glare of the sun you need to cast a shadow.

7. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

One can't count in the familiar experience of six black cows in a field at night.

8. thedope

To see night you need the shadow of the earth.

9. thedope

I can't get a taste of the remission reference.

10. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I see; it would be rather homophobic over the contingency of the spirit coming back to "normal". Instead of regarding the soul as immortal for the idea of freedom against Nature.

11. hickey

hickey Member

"idea of freedom against Nature."
    Nature is free, but man's ideas take a toll on it....and cost us through the nose.

Yes, man is free to use his nature in any way he chooses; to rise himself above it (in the spirit of suffering a sacrificial act of love) or to sink to its lowest common self element. The nature of consciousness is natural, the understanding of its truth between conscious individuals is found by what is at principle between them....degrees of interest vary; some attractive - some vulgar.

PS....any type of phobia is not good (not true in spirit) by its principle.

Nature affords to those
    who make allowances to its spirit.
    (Example: snake charmers make many allowances to the nature of a cobra to afford its spirit and not get bitten.)

Spirit affords our allowances of nature.

A spirit not being true suffers nature.
    ("I can fly off this cliff"..not)

Spirit is an allowance of nature.

You are an allowance of its nature.

You are a spirit.
    Call it any other name or no name at all does not matter....it does not change the principle...in spirit.

In conclusion: Its a word to describe a principal but spirit is never as obvious as a form.

The Spirit is void if absent of any nature to condition it by.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

love, consideration, and the kind of world we all have to live in, in this life, or any other,
    are all served better by science, then by anything (belief) we make up,
    to appease the ego's petty temper tantrums, over not being the center of everything, and not knowing everything.

this has nothing to do, with whether gods or god like beings might exit.
    science doesn't say they can't.
    it just tells us we're bull shitting ourselves, when we're bull shitting ourselves.

13. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

A truly objective approach to the knowledge of Science is encouraged in the circumstances for a compassionate relationship at perhaps it's onset (start). What we start with isn't belief per say such as the comparable relationship in other people (getting it on). It is the belief about the world we are in, confront with our understanding without reflection, and wishing to realize these matters deeper later, when beliefs turn to the self to believe subjectively (objectivity chooses the need to consider subjectively) about the essence for living the reflected, say, consideration(?).

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i am not a christian, because christianity, while appearing well intended on the surface, is fundimentally abusive and evil.

(by christianity, i am not refering to the well intentioned teachings of christ,
    but to what the second mycean council turned it into, and it has been every since.
    not the will of christ nor of any god, but that of saul of tarsus)

instead i believe in a god, who's nature is neither known nor knowable, but which is not at war, with anything, at all, what so ever.

nor that there is anything, of a proportion, for it to be at war with.

no devils, demons nor any of that pre-conceived, human invented nonsense.

there are unknown things, certainly, but being unknown,
    they, like whatever god or gods there might be, owe nothing, to what anyone pretends to know about them.

15. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

sup with this erroneous thread tittle?

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the art of bullshitting is a lot older then a mere couple of thousand years.

i love whatever gods see fit to exist.

what i don't love is what people pretend to know about them,
    and then revile each other for not pretending to know the same things.