Weed Burns To Ash

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Fueled by Coffee, Sep 17, 2014.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Forest fire wipes out 150 buildings. Burning most of Weed, CA.

http://www.breakingnews.com/topic/boles-fire-near-weed-calif-september-2014/

http://kobi5.com/news/item/100-structures-burned-in-boles-fire-in-weed-california.html

I'm currently living about an hour north of Weed. Weed was a neat little town to drive through. It's sad to see it go. I feel terrible for all those people who lost everything they had.
    Forest fires have been out of control this year. The smoke is just unreal out here in southern oregon/northern california. Some days the smoke gets so bad your eyes and lungs start hurting.

The most phenomenal effect is being able to stare into the sun through the smoke without it hurting your eyes, because the smoke filters so much light and UA/UV rays you can see it just like a dark red moon!! I'm convinced I can see sun spot activity through all that smoke; I see little black dots in the sun when I look at it through the smoke. But many people don't seem to believe it.

I was a forest fire fighter for two summers. I didn't stay in that line of work because there are some years it gets too wet and humid for a fire season to even take place, and you can go for weeks and weeks without work. I'm beginning to wish I was a forest fire fighter this year, so I could be helping out, camping, and making lots of money doing it.

2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

They say the ancient Chinese discovered sunspots by observing the sun through mist or smoke.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Never been up to Weed but lived near Yosemite for awhile... Near the Oakhurst fires. Bad fire season this year all over the west. A constant fear is becoming all too real this year.