Chat's Chat About Chat

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Tyrsonswood, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

If you dont want a show dog...let him know that

does he have a dog?

2. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

There should really be a lower minimum wage for adolescent dependents than there is for independent adults. That way if you have a job that you think a bunch of idiot teenagers can do, you can pay them $7/hour, but if you need a real, responsible person [that needs a real job to pay their bills] you can't pay them less than $12.

It's not legal and it probably wouldn't work. But I'm sick of hearing the argument that the min wage shouldn't be increased because adults will steal shitty jobs from teenagers or some load of crap.

3. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Nah he was thinking about getting one but I doubt it now. The thing is we do want a show dog, but we want it to be FUN not STRESSFUL it should be fun, we should be having fun with the boy not caging him up all day so he's got energy to train in the afternoon.. that's no life for my dog..

1 person likes this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Two kinds of dogs... Show dog or family pet. Which do you want? Your dad should respect that answer whichever way you choose.

2 people like this.
  5. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

We have that here, actually, but the difference is usually only about $0.50.

6. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

As a breeder and someone who has shown dogs it is possible for both to happen at the same time. :)

Some dogs take naturally to being shown and training. Some do not and tend to not do as well in the ring as they are not comfortable. I had a female who was stacked and she hated the ring and I did not show her past getting her first ten points so that she was a champion. I had a male who lived and loved shows. When I would gather his gear up he would hop about and sit on top of his kennel waiting to go.

As a breeder it can take years to produce a pup that is guaranteed for show and the price that is charged reflects that. If we sell a show quality we expect it to be shown as it carries our kennel name. We have had people wait for years for the exact dog they wanted, be it from point to colour. We also do not allow breeding contracts until they have been shown and are champions. The reason is to protect the breed lines and to also ensure that they are serious breeders not going to turn into backyard breeders.

Our dogs are also part of our family so it is possible for them to be the under your feet, goofy dog that you love and to also be trained than when a show leash is brought out they walk like royalty. :)

There are breeders who also take showing far too seriously and forget that the dog is still a dog and needs to be one. You can have it both ways but that takes the dedication from you to make training fun. Then they will prance with the best of them because it makes you happy not because they have a pedigree.

2 people like this.
  7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i remember my first job paid $5.50 an hour student wage

glad i quit that shithole when i did

8. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Mine was $6.40

9. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

Mine :smoke out:

1 person likes this.
  10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Just caught a huge wolf spider and put it outside...

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's a bonding point for you and your dad. Like guys going fishing. He probably has his feelings hurt.

12. Aerianne

Some jerk in a sports car was flying up and down the street past our house. On the 10th time passing our house, hubby goes out and stands in the street. The guy has to swerve to miss him. Hubby threw a large prescription bottle full of red hots candy at his wind shield.

It was pretty awesome.

This mohawk haircut is making him more aggressive, lol

[​IMG]

13. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I had time to read it but dont think any outside advice is applicable. To me it seems like 2 maybe 3 choices. If you want the dog to compete then it seems you should take your dads advice. If you just want to do it for fun then say to your dad "i was just looking for pointers that is all" if the training thing is that stressful to you and your girl then why bother at all. Just enjoy your dog at home.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Can't find server.. wtf

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Its right there..

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

of course he swerved...some idiot was standing on the road

1 person likes this.
  17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Reminds me of the time i was behind two aggressive drivers. One was near me a few miles back. The other pulled onto the highway a couple blocks before the parkway. One guy went to the toll booth on the far left the other on the far right. But both of their exits were on the opposite side so they nearly hit each other trying to get to the other side of the road. They both stopped and got out of their cars in the middle of where the road split. Of course they were yelling at each other. Meanwhile there was no harm done. All could have been peaceful if one of them just slowed down for less than 2 seconds. I was tempted to stop and yell to them that they were both assholes but if i did that i would have been the third asshole in the group.

18. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

yeah, i think 3 assholes might be a bit of overkill.

of course, you could be youtube famous! lots of assholes there

joined a PTSD support group on facebook. we are a people version of what a china shop looks like after the bulls have smashed everything.

you guys know me better though.

19. Aerianne

Has anyone seen Irmi lately?

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Im willing to bet her girlfriend has

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.