Any One Here Suffer From A God Complex?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Moonglow181, Sep 15, 2014.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

There is an African tradition I read about somewhere that we all die two times.
    The first is our actual physical death. Then we continue to live on in the memory of those who knew us. We continue on in this "virtual" life until the last person to know us also dies a physical death. Then we are gone for good.

In light of this, any "possession" by the dead would only occur due to the memory of the dead by the living. A living person would hold certain ideals about the dead person which, due to their own thought processes, not the dead person's active influence, might cause them to think or act in certain ways which they would then attribute to an intervention by the dead.

The dead would not really possess anyone, but a memory of them might.

2 people like this.
  2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

gnip gnop

3. thedope

Your invocation.

4. thedope

No apology necessary. So I take it the purpose for remembering the incident is as a warning to raccoon? Raccoon can't read. Or is the purpose so that Storch or anyone may recall it as a matter of legend? Either way seems a more formidable or individually distinguishing event to you than it does to me. As far as the study of the nature of men it is revealed over time, not eventually, that is if you were to kill something to be a killer wouldn't be a peculiarly defining characteristic as it is something everyone does and many other animals do in order to feed metabolism. We aren't really that complicated as much as a complex of systems. Foremost among those systems is self interest.

As to your level of attraction do we find you here out of morbid fascination like craning your neck to see a car wreck? I just ask because the only place I see you is in threads containing the word god or writers forums threads. If I have ever met anyone with a god complex or a complex regard of god it appears to me to be you. You speak a language using the word love yet find it yet to be so we really can't call you a lover on all eventful occasions. It is in that we are all self interested to the devoted level that we are that we can call ourselves love itself and there is no condition that prohibits it's expression. I offer these by way of the further study of complicated men.

5. storch

storch banned

I would say that people who exhibit symptoms of what is called the God Complex are probably compensating for their feelings of smallness and powerlessness in the world around them.When they feel shit on, they feel they are justified in punishing the shitter. But it would seem that definitions, in this case, only indicate the degree to which one experiences an inferiority complex. But who can really say . . . other than those with God complexes. :)

Whereas raccoons cannot read, they recognize facial features. And whereas thedope's lawyer was successful in having the dead coon removed from his teeth in the posters, the authorities were firm in their decision to not remove the bloody stick from his hand.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not exactly a god-complex:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. thedope

Perhaps one way to explain why there have been no recurrences except there was no externally bloody trauma. It received blunt force internal disruption. Got whacked like a pinata not thrown into a meat grinder.

8. thedope

Who is the retard representing me anyway.

9. storch

storch banned

Some guy who's not a real lawyer but plays one in real life. He did not even know that you had been misrepresented in the poster the authorities had you pose for. The stick was, in reality, unbloodied.

10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That makes perfect sense to me, MeAgain.... :)

11. Moonglow181

So The Dope went on a bloody rampage one day and his victim was Rickey the Racoon......:(

In my mind, I have gone on bloody rampages before,....no one or nothing really ever being the victim though and I would never act that out, unless I had to be for self defense like anyone, but I was thinking about that today, as I was on one today in my own mind...maybe just beating the punching bag rampage....it is either that or be sad. However, just being sad seems to be winning .....:(

12. Moonglow181

See....it is like this.....I thought of this song from nowhere, although, he has it reversed....I don't give a shit about diamonds. I give a shit about honesty, integrity and those kinds of things.,.....and up frontedness....etc....not sneaky lieing bull shit....Where is the good stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQnsN3um-iQ

13. Asmodean

If I had a chicken pen full of fun feathered little friends and a fox or racoon came by I would smash it as well if I saw no other option at that moment. It really seems not to be about the blood that would get spilled. It seems Dejavu accuses Thedope generally of being or wanting to be too witty but instead he seems to try to act the same (in his own way) :p Maybe he's jealous? :D In order to not go totally off topic: there were jealous gods too, especially in mythology!

14. Moonglow181

No, not blaming The Dope...just making a comparison, although, not a very good one......I do not dislike The Dope now or anything. I did say I understood....although, I would try to figure out another way to rid of the problem......Coyotes....if one killed my cat...I may want to kill it...just don't think I could.....I might get someone else to do it...lol...not sure about that, either, though.

15. Asmodean

Is that a reply to my post? I wasn't saying you blamed him or referring to you in any way :p

16. Moonglow181

I don't know. I just like to be clear......that is my motive about how and why and what I feel always.....throwing it out there, is all.

17. Moonglow181

I would hope that you represent you always.....
    You do get a merit from me for being honest about what you did.....does that count for anything?

18. Moonglow181

I remember when I first learned that my dad killed a deer in his youth, as they hunted in Minnesota....his dad did, and.....my dad seemed to not tell the story with any remorse for killing the deer he did....but maybe he was...and just did not say...I cannot say how someone feels about something unless they tell me.... I was so hurt and did not see my dad as the hero in life that I did see him as before....and I was a little girl here....I was so disillusioned and had to change the way I looked at things then pretty quickly. I understood and never hated him for it though. He just wasn't "the god" I pictured him as anymore, though......

Of course, I did not hate him for it......

19. thedope

I used to earn merit badges in boy scouts. Since I've learned to be freer with my care. Certainly we find those most agreeable whom we agree with as a matter of taste but taste of itself is kind of traffic control for the unintended.

20. Moonglow181

I cannot give out any more likes now......so Faerylights, I will give you one,, too, when I am able.....and whoever else I may have missed on this thread.