What Languages Do You Speak?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ginalee14, Sep 14, 2014.

1. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

I speak honesty, truth and fact. I also speak a little sarcasm and slang, every lot in a while. I sometimes speak math but it's usually covered up in words.

I don't speak pussyfoot, get the hint, follow the leader, read between the lines or any other form of dishonest, face-saving, wimpy cowardice. Take no offense if that's you.

I sometimes, on rare occasion, speak poetry. Even less often, I speak rhyme and riddle.

I don't speak cloak and dagger.

I've spoken the language of comic genius but it's yet to pay off. Comedienne, and she laughs alone.

I've been known to speak meaning and definition.

I used to speak the language of Love but not anymore.

http://youtu.be/zDzTjyiRVAM

Do you have a three volume tome of contemporary slang to keep a handle on all this jive?

What languages do you understand?

I understand pretty much only in the languages that I speak. If I don't speak it, I most likely won't understand it.

2 people like this.
  2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

So basically you only speak English?

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Interesting that you feel the need to explain your way of using words. Do you feel the majority of people you converse with/see conversing differ from you?

4. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU

5. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Piaf.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Asmo.

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by neodude1212.

Are you guys my fans?
    Wanna be friends?
    What interested you about this thread?

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

^you're like soooooo cool

7. Asmodean

I like languages. It is nothing personal so don't get paranoid over nothing. I wasn't even aware I was still on your ignore list as we have reacted to eachothers post (I think) in the last couple of months. Also wasn't aware of your username change so really, don't take things personal or get offended or weirded out over nothing. I'm not after you or something like that.
    I just see posts and threads in new content and check them out like I always did.

So i have the courtesy to react to your question, why not answer mine too? We both know we are reading eachothers posts so saying "i couldn't because you're on my ignore list" would be dishonest :p

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Also, way to ignore some of the coolest HF members! And Neodude.

What interested me in this thread were languages. I'm a big fan.

9. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

This is challenging. Was not what I was expecting.

I'm going to need to think about it for a while.

10. Asmodean

It seems really unhealthy to react like OP does to people that just happen to post in her threads and are on her ignore list. Like I said in a different thread, it's not like we put ourselves on there. You did that and now you seem to connect things to people that react to your posts (which is a normal thing to happen on a forum) and happen to be on your ignore list (for a year or so, for whatever reason but not one we invented, you put us on there). If you think we are consistent bullies and in no way should our posts in your threads be taken seriously or reacted upon by you I want to share one of my fav proverbs:

the inkeeper trusts his guests like he is himself

11. neodude1212

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I have Mister VanillaGorilla on my ignore list yet I still mostly read his posts xD

13. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Just had another deep random thought.

What language do you wish you could speak?

I wish I could speak rap. For 18 epic minutes, without stopping.

14. Asmodean

That's great :) I expect an answer to my first reaction in this thread later then, as you are always honest in your communications like you said yourself in the OP.

15. Asmodean

My ignore list is empty. I only had one person on it for awhile when she first joined because I found her a bit depressive and negative attention seeking (no it wasnt the OP). But I found it is just as easy to skip over it when I read a thread. I don't see the point of ignoring people with opposite views or who are out to offend, as the first can make for interesting or fun convo and I can't be offended on purpose on here anyway (as I am quite comfortable with myself). Well I do ignore those posts sometimes of course but not by putting people on my ignore list. I understand other people do have use for that, like when they are really harrassed or something, but in the case of gina/sheela I'm pretty sure she put me on it for the wrong reasons :)

16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Cool, maybe you two can be BFF now

17. Asmodean

I don't really understand how you came to that thought. I'm not interested in friends that attribute nonsense onto me because I criticized some of their posts.

2 people like this.
  18. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

The crazy lady is ignoring you, and you're here explaining yourself like it matters or something.

19. neodude1212

He's just bored.

20. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Ok then. I've done way worse things out of boredom.