Breakup Of The Union?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Joshua Tree, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

On Thursday the Scots will vote in a referendum on whether to become a fully independent country.

What would the remainder be called if it happens?

Maybe The Disunited Kingdom?

Personally I'd like the Scots to become independent for their own sake and free themselves
    from Tory tyranny forever.

1 person likes this.
  2. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Maybe England will leave England too...

3. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Or London will declare itself as an independent city state.

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Free Scotland!

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Narnia

6. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Cant say I've ever really trusted a substantial number of Scots. Altho I've found some to be good people, good friends even.

Maybe its the Scottish political class/Establishment and their mid middle class and above. They seem very insincere and full of themselves.

As I recall, Scotland actually took over England (just as Wales did centuries before).

Britain is, by definition, the 3 countries. And has been for 100s of yrs.

If u are business partners with someone and both of u do all the work thro good times and bad, then one says "fuck this I'm gonna take this deal for myself" the other partner would be outraged and consider himself cheated, and in many case, go to war with the other.

The Scottish want their haggis AND eat it. The Scottish Lodge of masons is endemic around Britain. Even our last 3 prime ministers were Scottish(Brown and Blair) or from a Scottish family (Camoron). They've got their fingers in ALL our pies, especially in certain multinationals and organs of power, landowning etc etc.

If they vote for independence, I will boycott Scottish goods, tourism, Scottish people even.

Would like to see how this tiddling little, piss soaked country full of junkies eating battered mars bars while wearing tartan skirts and blowing shitty bagpipes will fare.

And I'm not even "proud to be British".
    Fuck em!

: D hehehe

7. IamnotaMan

If Snotland DOES vote for independence, I wonder if that camp prick Camoron will start bombing them. Like he did with everyone in the Donbass after they voted for independence.

8. IamnotaMan

I think some of it already has.
    The East End is well on the way to becoming "the Islamic Republic of Londonistan"... : -/

9. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

So like, you're an asshole about scotland, they've got thousands of years of motivation to be independent.

But that's pretty hilarious.

10. IamnotaMan

Nope the only one who's an asshole about Scotland is yourself. Because you don't understand anything about the topic. : )

The territory of modern day Scotland was the land of the Britons for many thousands of years. As was England and Wales.
    So ... they called it BRITAIN and BRITISH.

The Scots are a very recent newcomer to the British Isles. They were actually from Ireland in the 5th century or so AD, and were an ethnic group who set up a kingdom in the West of modern day Scotland. No one speaks the langauge of the Scots, because Scotland has no more of a claim to independence than Mercia, Wessex, Avalon+Valhalla (!) or any other mythical or antiquated ancient bullshit places on maps.

The territory developed with many groups older and newer - Britons, Angles, Saxons, Normans, Vikings etc

The modern Scottish are effectively trying to kick the English, Welsh and Northern Irish out of the Utd Kingdom of Britain and Northern Ireland.
    They dont have the consitutional right. And they're also being bellends.

11. katkin

katkin Member

...are disgustingly good, had my first one 21 years ago in Fishguard, we sure it's Scottish?

1 person likes this.
  12. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Okay, now you're back to just being a racist prick, not a funny racist prick.

13. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

As someone who grew up in the UK, I favour a disunited kingdom. We could have Wessex, Mercia, Northhumbria, East Anglia.

14. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I don't support the yes vote.I think it would be bad for Scotland and bad for the UK.But if Scotland wants to leave I won't lose any sleep over it.Life will go on.I guess we'll find out sometime on Friday.

15. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

lol... tony blair offered devolution of parliament that eventually caused the possible break up of the u.k. not david cameron.

the financial situation here deteriorated under his cabinet where both alistar darling and gordon brown, both scottish, botched their roles of chancellor.

gordon brown then become primeminister... the labour party, of which is basically the whole of the scottish vote, reigned for a over a decade in britain. so who's devolution are we talking about exactly?

the tories aren't great, I'm impartial to politics, but they were left a broken system. they attempt to fix it to avoid SYSTEMIC FAILURE, and the scotts kick up a huge fuss.

now i hear they want the pound (yay... we are british) but no be in the union. but they WANT to be in european UNION. reminds me of that joke... a scotsman... a german man and flemish man walk into a bar... no wait?? HUH

they argue they can be a part of the EU even, yet the EU thinks otherwise. not great evidence to based a generational decision on. they decide they want british assets spilt... because thats fair... ok, well how about the debt your country held created??/

no thanks... well in that case... aside from EU countries veto due to a ripple effect (catalonia etc.) how about attempting to enter that union as a country with a track record of default... or better still... hampered with huge debts passed over albeit fairly!!

don't worry... you have oil. no wait. that is disappearing. lets remember this is a vote that matters most to young people... it will dry up and you are hinging your whole economy on this revenue?? and a system that will apparently operate greater spending to all!!! shake the money tree people... and hard

INVESTORS WORK AGAINST RISK AND REWARD MODELS. YOUR BUSINESSES WANT TO ABANDON YOU AND WHO WILL INVEST IN SCOTTISH GILT? capitalism is all we have, we cannot remove it, learn to accept it.

doesn't this contradict the benefits the SNP suggest. i figured scottish utopia would cost at least something (and don't think, 'aye we'll sell whiskey... doesn't count)

lololololololololol the braveheart effect i suppose

16. The Imaginary Being

scotland is propped up by being part of a united front. we had a euro crisis... countries with vastly different countries binded together. how is this better than greatly devolved powers from westminster. scotland don't get it.. they have already won.

they are just looking for a kick in the teeth now.

shame.... because i love being part of britain (and for the record.. I'm welsh. not english)

17. katkin

katkin Member

I'm not sure on this but don't we have it a little easier in Wales? I mean we get grants still to go to Uni, prescriptions paid for, some free dentistry, eye check ups...for the moment!

18. The Imaginary Being

yes... because of current devolution. it's like we forget we all DO have separated status in many areas.

i like the idea of a strong linchpin to fall back on mind.

we in wales are a proud, but i feel, well informed lot.

i mean... scottish independence... regardless of those who state otherwise, is heavily grounded in patriotism and bias

whats wrong with being proud of being scottish and british? plus with a general election is just around the corner... who knows, the labour scots will probably win anyways... whats the point in even leaving.

i think offering the vote to 16 year olds is daft... and scots not living in scotland? well i mean... they are scottish.. sounds like the snp were afraid of objective opinion about the benefits against the drawbacks of being part of a union.

1 person likes this.
  19. katkin

katkin Member

I just think that as we are such a small cluster of countries it would be nice if we were united, might feel a tad lonely if Scotland goes (Such a political mind!)

20. The Imaginary Being

it's the welsh way *sighs*

*in welsh accent* oh boyo... tell u what.. u should pop ova and we'll sort it out with a cuppa like. whatya say