The Death Of Hi Fidelity

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dude111, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

2 people like this.
  2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Whoa.. what a read! But very very true... I am amazed at what gets released and what is popular these daze...

Thanks for sharing that!

3. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

yes and no !
    the arctic monkeys album quoted is probably one of the best sounding records ever made
    Some music (i agree )is meant to go up and down , a good example is " over the hills and far away " by zeppelin
    but some is meant to hit you between the eyes and stay there
    Its not good or bad "Hi fi " its just music

In my opinion of course :)

4. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

That article came out in 2007 and after I read it, I completely stopped buying physical CDs. Before, I thought that CDs had the highest sound quality. Now, I know better.

5. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Sadly, compression technology is now invading live performances also, large and small. In the world of pop and mainstream country, there's nowhere you can escape it.

As long as the public is willing to pay for shit, we will get shit.

Fortunately, we still have options. Many older rock CD's have not been remastered, and this hyper-commercial approach to recording quality has not yet had significant impact on jazz or classical music. Support organic music with your pocketbook! Support your local CD store!

6. DharmaBum

DharmaBum Old Guard

http://www.ponomusic.com/

I'm strongly considering picking up one of these players when it hits the market, will wait for reviews before I decide. I need my quality sound.