9/11

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by vance2335, Sep 11, 2014.

1. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Just take a moment to remember the attack and the lives lost.

2. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I honestly hate this day. It bothers me because the government really used this event to garner support for long lasting and far reaching policy changes and now my kid is probably going to be dealing with the same shit my generation has been dealing with for 13 years.

some good came out of an absolutely wicked event in the first few days following it - americans helping Americans and all that jazz. Then everything just really went to shit shortly after.

so that's what I think about when I stop to remember 9/11.

5 people like this.
  4. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

They were at war with us long before 9/11. So this day was just the tipping point for America to fight back.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

My awareness that today is 9/11 was very strange (to me) today. I was sleeping this morning at exactly 2:44 am when the phone (land line) rang and woke me up. I remember looking at the clock-seeing the time and thinking "something is wrong w someone!"-while I was looking for the phone... took about 7 rings for me to find the phone, which just kept ringing and ringing... looked at phone display which said "9/11 2:44 am" and I remember thinking "something is wrong and the date is 9/11" (only I wasn't thinking about 9/11/2001.... instead I was thinking about how you call emergency (here) by dialing 911" so it was more just a superstitious thing for me.)

In any case, it wasn't an emergency. My husband (at work) had pocket dialed me.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The official story of 9/11 is a lie. I feel like everyone should know this by now, but far too many people don't. They believe the official version of events, despite absolutely no proof whatsoever to back up that lie. That day we were being told within minutes that bin Laden was responsible for the attacks WITH NO PROOF whatsoever of this. Many people simply swallowed the lie, and now America is worse off than ever because of it.

I know this thread is to commemorate the lives lost that day, but I feel it's impossible to commemorate those lives lost without dispelling the lie which is the official version of events we were sold.

I just cannot believe people can be so gullible and easily duped.

And now we're on the verge of another bogus war 13 years later. Except now the name of the bogeyman has changed from al-Qaeda to ISIS (or ISIL, or whatever they choose to call it at any given minute).

Makes me sick.

3 people like this.
  7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Wtf does ISIL mean anyways? I mean I know ISIS is Islamic State of Iraq and Syria but...every time I hear it called (usually by gov people) ISIL I just think "wtf does ISIL mean?" but yet...cant be bothered to look it up. I just don't care that much.

Anyways, of course the official story is a lie and I actually think that MANY (if not most) people know there is something off on the official story. But in any case, yea, lives still lost and all either way... and then more lives after that with the wars...

And kinda ironic that the president's little speech that cut into prime time last night about Iraq and Syria was right on the anniversary of 9/11 (the eve of it). That was defiantly not a coincidence.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

And one more thing....Thank you GOD that it is now less than four hours til this day (EST) is over...

Because now there is almost NO chance that my daughter will be born on 9/11. I did NOT want her to hear about that every single birthday!! :D

3 people like this.
  9. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You must be so excited!

1 person likes this.
  10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

A pretty much constant state of anticipation and being on the verge. :)

11. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

The 12th is a very good day .. :) Hurry, have her tomorrow (I hope you post from the hospital, lol)

1 person likes this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

really?

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The government’s story would have seemed at least a bit more credible if they admitted to recovering the black boxes from the airplanes that flew into the WTC. The devices are constructed to be extremely durable and able to withstand temperatures of up to 1800 degree heat.

Hotwater

14. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I think the main point of "isil" is that they're not having to get up and say "isis" with a strait face.

1 person likes this.
  15. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I have no problem believing that they were utterly destroyed.

Heat is one thing, sustained heat is another. Sustained heat and tremendous crushing force, yet another. The forces in these situations are totally different from a "normal" plane crash.

Anyone who's ever been around an accidental fire knows how hot things that you wouldn't even think can burn, will burn. Even fire retardants seem to be as bad as anything else. Vehicle fires are what I'm thinking, but it absolutely applies to huge ass buildings with planes flown into them. Things that don't burn, in heat like that, just become a matrix to support (and aid in the airflow to) things that will, like people.

Maybe they did survive, but.... what would it tell you? You think CIA suicidally flew the plane into the building? You think there was nobody in the plane? Even if the whole thing was a giant conspiracy, the blackbox wouldn't tell you anything, the guys would obviously know about the blackbox, and if the building was demolished or something, there would be no clue to that on the recording. In fact, the guys in the plane probably wouldn't have any idea it was a giant conspiracy.

As far as conspiracy goes, how about the pretty much perfect one of hearing the news of the impending attack, and telling the CIA to shut up, and just waiting? There is no need of a conspiracy, the government and the bad guys want the same thing - our freedoms taken, by our government. Like with isis - there's no reason for us to fake it, when we can have the real deal - kick snakes, and when they bite you, use it as an excuse to dive headlong into the snake pit - which naturally does NOT protect you from further bites - but gives you even more circular justification.

16. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Except we know the black boxes were recovered since a rescue worker came forward and stated that they were (he witnessed it firsthand). He was later threatened after speaking about it. I see no reason for him to lie.

And, quite frankly, I think a person has to be beyond retarded to believe the black boxes were destroyed (almost an impossibility), but Mohammed Atta's passport was found on the streets on Manhattan in perfect condition.

Please.

(And I was not implying you're retarded or anything like that. I simply don't think you have looked into the facts and are content to take the government's word about what happened, like most people who are relatively smart but lack critical thinking skills.)

17. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

The black box was not recovered. The worker was not threatened. You should do a little more reading on sites that are not crazyman.com.

http://www.911myths.com/html/passport_recovered.html

By the way it was not Atta's passport.

I would hate to live in your head as it must be vary hard to walk around with the tin foil hat all of the time. Nothing you could claim about 9/11 could not be disproven by science.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/1227842

18. storch

storch banned

Nicholas DeMasi was a firefighter who was part of a crew at Ground Zero who said:

"At one point I was assigned to take Federal Agents around the site to search for the black boxes from the planes. We were getting ready to go out. My ATV was parked at the top of the stairs at the Brooks Brothers entrance area. We loaded up about a million dollars worth of equipment and strapped it into the ATV. When we got into the ATV to take off, the agent accidentally pushed me forward. The ATV was already in reverse, and my foot went down on the gas pedal. We went down the stairs in reverse. Fortunately, everything was okay. There were a total of four black boxes. We found three."

So, did Nicholas later say that he was mistaken?

Plus, I recall hearing that they picked up a signal from one of the black boxes at Ground Zero.

19. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

This is again just another 9/11 truther report. None were found at WTC and it is not the 1st time in a crash that none were found, but truthers would have you believe different.

According to the 9/11 Commission Report, both black boxes from Flight 77 and both black boxes from Flight 93 were recovered. However, the CVR from Flight 77 was said to be too damaged to yield any data. On April 18, 2002, the FBI allowed the families of victims from Flight 93 to listen to the voice recordings.[181] In April 2006, a transcript of the CVR was released as part of the Zacarias Moussaoui trial.[182]

But hey why let the truth get in the way of a good story? So explosives were at the WTC? Or it was Mosad agents? Bin Laden was flowen out of the country?

20. storch

storch banned

I asked you a question. I'll ask it again. Did Nicholas DeMasi later say that he was mistaken, or that he had simply made it up?

And you said that none were found at Ground Zero. So, are you saying that there was never any signal picked up from one of the black boxes at Ground Zero?