God Does Not Exist (Strong Atheism)

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by xybersufer, Sep 10, 2014.

1. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

how do we explore the intersection of unknown and unknowable ? The experienced and adventurous , I think , will not be
    very critical of any passionate prayer of knowing .

are the critics un-adventurous ? contentedly well-fed by the machine ?

2. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

3. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Believing God doesn't exist is the conclusion made on the principle that a proof has failed, and that the proof was counted on because objectively the Creator as such fulfilled points of knowledgeable, moral, or justification for continuing Life according to the used precepts of Beliefs.

So why should we continue to believe? "Don't believe" means the knowledge in God, god, the object of worship is no longer trusted for the required purpose of decisions of Life, Love, and the pursuit of Happiness.

We should continue to believe. Because there is anxiety.

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I'd prefer NOT to use the word BELIEVE. It contains the words BE and LIE and beliefs don't inherently require facts or logic or any truth at all.

I think believers usually be liars.

I don't THINK there is a God.

I do not THINK that the possibility of God exists in the realm of reasonable probability.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    What's wrong with the word 'be' and what significance do you think it has that the word 'lie' is in there? :p

Does thinking require facts by default? I think not.

6. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

those who generalise... generally lie.

2 people like this.
  7. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Perhaps mean apply ethics for Nature, and then the scientist may validate the theory for the natural World. 'BE' is the first part of the conscience in the midst of Nature; nous fulfilled, scientific objectivity contemplates the 'LIES' for justification which never works completely by the theories of progressing against the false validity for cause and effect. True Cause and Effect instead justifies by choice of the theory which more than false doesn't need God any longer as the universally correct theory, the Nature of the World which is causality truly occurring, mind controlling over body.

But science likes our sins. Body failing mind for the false mind subdued to the true world.

8. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I see the quoted statement can be made more accurate by editing the word that and amending two others .
    :.. I do not Think . The possibility of God exists in the realm of reasonable improbability . ..:

and where there was one , now we have two statements that relate and can be true .
    reasonable improbability is also funnier .

1 person likes this.
  9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

All Abrahamic believers are already atheist to the ten million gods of antiquity; you don't believe in Zeus, Isis, Thor, spirit animals, or other such things . . . atheists simply take it one god further, for a grand total of 10,000,001 gods we do not have evidence for. Anybody who believes in YWHW, Allah, or Jesus, is already a seasoned veteran of the attitudes of atheism. It is important to point this out when debating them, as they imagine atheism to be some affront to basic dignity and plain reason, when really they are just selectively picking the latest cultural fashion trend in mythical head of totem pole.

3 people like this.
  10. Asmodean

I'm not sure it is a trendy fashion thing but I agree with the first couple of lines of your post.

11. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

it is a trendy fashion thing, in the sense that they only believe in Allah or Jesus because those are the newest religions to appear on earth and their parents and friends probably believe them too, so it's very much a social pressure thing as well. There's exactly the same reasons to believe in Isis as there are to believe in Jesus, but there are no large social movements to believe in Isis, therefore Jesus wins out. It's not due to evidence, or sense, or anything else. It's just what's in fashion with the times.

1 person likes this.
  12. Asmodean

I understood you ment it like that, I just have the feeling it is not the most accurate/fitting word.

13. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

Expressing long-standing traditional culture as a trendy fashion thing is just typical anti-theist reductionism, which comes in two forms, automatonic and intentional, the latter of which only ever serves the basest of causes.. The sig pic of Euler's identity does add a certain grotesque bathos to the whole thing. I think Mr. Writer has recently purchased a copy of God is Not Great.

14. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

In the long run, it is just a trendy thing. The only difference is people are killed over it. Sort of like which colors you're supposed to wear on a certain block. You can give it gravitas by calling it "long standing", but that's only in a very narrow context. Islam came around the same time we figured out how to put ink to paper mechanically; super new on any time scale that matters.

I'm just realizing that on top of being an atheist, i'm also an anti-theist, and exploring ways to express this and help all the others out there in hiding from the darkness of religion.

15. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

on top of being an atheist is a hat . hats , hats , hats . I think it's better to be
    a literalist about hats , and indeed have several for every change in the weather .
    but then what's to do about an improbable sky ? shall its arrival be unknowable ?
    I'll have 4 hats . one for the beginning of day and one more for two and the choice
    of that one is to be happily random twixt three .

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there may be things that don't exist. whether gods or a god are among them, depends as much upon what you mean by a god. what people pretend to know ABOUT them, is a lot more unlikely then the possibility of something god-like existing.

17. Asmodean

Haha, well I guess we realized that already :p It is jading your perspective imho.

18. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

I am a hardcore atheist, because I don't want to have to believe in anything. If something is such that the only approach to it is based on beliefs, I'm not interested.

The idea of a god is so absurd, I don't need to believe it doesn't exist, or don't believe in it. It just doesn't make any sense. It's like someone telling me my laptop will turn into diamonds if I say "hello, world" three times. I don't need to believe, nor disbelieve it. It just too absurd.

But, hey, having said all that, if you think believing in a god is good for you, go for it.

19. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

you gotta type it, diamonds(*please);

20. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

And then God created Woman. And the idea of strength was not in faith in anything one could like. It was about the strong concept against the weak concept of a priori, strong concept against the weak concept of Anthropic time passing, the strong concept against the weak concept of a spatial field of quanta of particles making out the material fulfillment of scientific subjects.