Cart Leaners

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Does anyone know what I mean when I say 'cart leaners'?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

3. Pressed_Rat

Nope, I meant cart leaners.

4. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I used urban dictionary but it was pretty much on par with my initial thought. Someone that leans against shopping trolleys.

What I did learn from Urban dictionary was that it's also a fat and lazy person.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Hahaha.... Now I do.

Sorry I was in your way... it helps me support this baby to use the cart like a walker at times. ;)

Hahaha otherwise I don't do it but I have been doing it a little lately hahaha.

6. Pressed_Rat

You're going to be self-conscious about it now. :p

With pregnant women it's more understandable, I guess.

7. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Lol... probably. To be totally fair to myself I don't lean on it and walk slow.... but my three year old LOVES to push the cart (and run into kiosks) and I'm always fighting him about it "no, you CAN'T push it by yourself. First of all you're running into everything and everyone and secondly mommy likes the support of the cart!!' :D

8. Pressed_Rat

I actually Googled 'cart leaners' myself, and was surprised to find that, other than Urban Dictionary, there was not much to be found.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Now you will get bombarded with ads for car cleaners.... Google's on top of shyt.

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

At first I thought you meant (because the first thing that came up when I was typing) these carts like the one I have....
    The ones with wheels that can go outside and have a place for wine glasses and a butcher board. Anyways I have an awesome one of them in my kitchen and I thought that was what you meant at first.

11. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Did you say "part gleaners?"

You find them in recycling centers.

12. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Does anyone know what I mean when I say: Fart Beaners?

No offense to hispanics intended, it just rhymes!

I eat loads of beans and fart a lot too. :wheelchair:

13. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

What about those mad cunts like myself at the supermarket where like we don't even wanna be there and shit and we push the trolley real fast and then jump on the handles and zip around causing a riot in the isles? Yeah, fuck yeah that's fun. Granted I'm not as light as I was when I was younger and I tend to flip the front ends up but I get my missus to pack the motherfucker exactly like I need it. ie. heavy shit at the front. I can have so much fun in a supermarket but generally it irritates me, the people, the lines, the waiting, the motherfuckers who don't know what they are looking at.. I want to drive my cart into the backs of their legs and heels 'cause that shit hurts. :D

We try and order online now. I thought it was heaps lazy as but it's so much better and better value too. You either get exactly what you ask for or they give you the next best over your preferred weight/quantity etc. no lines and the dudes just come in your house, dump it and run.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i use shopping carts in stores so i can lean on them, even when i'm only getting a relatively few items. generally because i have walked a considerable distance to get there and will similarly do so to get home. i do however leave the carts in the corral next to the store when i go home..

15. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ha ha.....funny thread...i am reminded of ladies who go to rummage sales here...they spread out their big fat rumps triple the size at tables, so no one else can look, especially at the jewelry counter.....lmao

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

walmart is full of them

i usually grab one in case my back goes out..i dont lean on it though.. i tend to stand straight up but like knowing ill be able to get out without asking for help if something pops unexpectedly

17. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I know the ones you mean!

The ones that lean over so badly that their hands are holding halfway up the length of the basket.

The usually seem to have labored breathing to.

Duh. Stand up straight for christs sake.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

tell yourself that when you have cancer of the spinal column.

1 person likes this.
  19. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

My bff is a cart leaner, when she isn't in one of those drive carts, which are too wide for many places and honestly just bug the hell outta me. :)

She has severe arthritis, and I'm always happy to see her leaning on that cart!

Also, I have discovered, from personal experience, that the reason most people walk the way they do (Not up straight but leaning over, forward or sideways) is because they are in PAIN. I've been one of those leaners.

2 people like this.
  20. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Or for someone who otherwise might use a walker. When I had my hips replaced I found it helpful to get around stores. My Dad now uses a cane and can walk a bit faster with the help of a cart in a store.