Farmers Only

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It seems like every time I am around a TV, I am seeing commercials for this online dating site for farmers. It seems odd that a dating site for such a small minority of the population would have a dating site that is so heavily advertized for on television. Does anyone else find this strange?

2. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Yeah I don't envision real farmers spending too much time in front of the idiot box tbh.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I've seen the commercial. I can't say a lot but enough times that I know exactly what I mean.

I don't find it strange that such a site exists, since sites exist for anything and everything. But yea, it's a bit odd that it has as much tv ad time as it does.

I think the commercials though do say it's for not just farmer's but rural/country people as well so maybe because of that I can see it more.

And yea I agree w yggdrasil that I can't imagine most true farmer's (full time farmer's) would have much time for either tv or dating sites.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Probably just trying to rule out those that listen to anything other than Country music...

Oh and you gotta drive a truck and drink beer. Preferably at the same time....

Gotta get those priorities right.

And about that "Real Farmer" deal... Real farming is dying out and in many places already gone. The fields have been bought up by factory farms, they are tended by workers whose father may have been a real farmer but they care as much about what they are doing as a factory worker does. The owner just rakes in all the cash, if the crop fails they have insurance so they still rake in the cash. They plant what they are told to plant, over use the chemicals they are told to over use. I live in a very rural area so I am surrounded by this and see it every day, if I choose to leave my little spot of woods. The glory is gone, the little farms and the guy that cared are dying off... It's a shame really.

3 people like this.
  5. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Unfortunately I really wouldn't call what they play on CMC country music. It's garbage plain and simple. That's just my opinion though. I just don't like it, the girls with their tits hanging out and dolled up etc. it's like mainstream rockabilly shit nowadays. Not that this post had anything to do with anything really, sorry. If the farmers have no time to watch tv they obviously have to time to listen to CMC tripe. :D

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I know. :(

It's pretty sad.

I used to really really want to be a farmer. Like... a full time, family farmer. I have since decided it would just be too much work though but I used to kinda have this dream or being a farmer... I'm not sure why. :)

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

eventually there will be a dating site for every job...even night janitor/receptionists

2 people like this.
  8. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

LEGIT SHOOK

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Hey, it's a job. Why demean people for what they do? I didn't demean farmers or whatever it is you do to make ends meet.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

pressed rat watches tv looooooollll

3 people like this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its been this way for a while now. the existence of anything resembling a real middle class seems to be dissappearing down the same road.

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I find it quite interesting that up in New York PR sees this ad for the farmer dating site...

Then down here in the south where there are a number of farmers, I've seen nothing about this...but this could be because I have what I call Plain People TV.

I would think that farmers would tend to be happy enough with Plain People TV also...which is - you get the channels that come on your tv when its plugged in. With the converter box (a necessity since 2009?), we get about 15 to 20 channels, according to the weather and whatever. I'm perfectly happy with this, and if I'm in the mind to watch tv, I can usually find something to watch that doesn't kill too many brain cells. We even have a weather channel, which I'm fairly certain kills no brain cells. :)

Anyway, since farmers are going the way of the dodo bird, I'm not surprised they have a site specifically targeting someone for a farmer.

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

making a comment at another's expense is something you are not unfamiliar with.....since you are never wrong I have to take what I can get........

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I read a statistic the other day, I dont really see how it can possibly be true, but I read 78% of Americans have a garden of some sort. If the statistic is true and you expand the definition of farmer to mean anyone with a couple of tomato plants and an herb garden, then I guess there could be a pretty large target demographic for a farmers dating site.

16. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I have some employees who could really use a dating site for pizza slingers

1 person likes this.
  17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No, not at all. It appears living on a farm with your partner often includes a particular kind of mentality. Also, a lot of farmers spend most of their time on their own property and don't feel much for or have much time for a lot of dating, so they seem to want a serious dating partner who knows what kind of life she might get if she chooses to get into a relationship with someone who lives and works around the house and in a lot of cases far out of town. That the farming job has changed a lot over the last couple of decennia didn't change that. Last but not least: on some farms there still is a lot of poop.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

sure, factory farming is increasing, but at least where i'm from almost all the family farms are still owned and farmed by the same families as when i was growing up.

also, in my experience a majority of farmers listen to classic rock. country music seems to be mostly for city people who want to pretend to be farmers.

oh, and every "farmers" commercial i've seen is for an insurance company.

19. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

I live out on the sticks and if the road is not gravel, Its just seal coat/asphalt. It is a dying breed and its sad. They sold the seed this year high as fuck and now they will barley make what it 'takes' to grow it.
    But they all claim the back 40-80 acres they don't own and never have, To make some ends meets. Its the norm in my area for years and nothing wrong when the government hands out cash already.

Unless you have 250+ acres you will need a off farm job. Most drive semi other do whatever, But since you don't have to spray everyday and others can check on it, OTR driving is what a lot turn to. It takes a lot to run a farm, Even 25 acres! Up keep, Fixes etc keep ya busy.
    If they legalized marijuana in iowa, They could actually have a great 'cash crop' in the best soil in the country. Farmers wouldn't need a dime! But farmers are not too smart for the most part and are in debt up to their nose!

The new 'site' is a fad, Nothing more! All young girls and middle aged women love the sexy pic's of the ripped guy with no shirt and a cowboy hat. Big trucks, Horses, and the assumption they are rich! Ya you gain muscle on the farm, But nothing like the FB pic's of city 'cowboys'. I like the ones who live in trailer parks and dress in a Canadian tuxedo, Boots and hat and a big truck!
    Today many are all luck after farmers, Yesterday it was firemen!

I feel the government are happy farms are failing and buy them up cheap, pay you a wage to grow it and send it to the 'ethanol' plants to make shitty water filled fuel. Big money in ethanol right now and the govt always loves money. Kinda funny that crops/seed are high at purchase time and low during harvest and it goes up and ends are getting tight to sell out every year.
    To each their own, But IMO they want to own as much farm land they can to reap a better profit and honestly lend you the money back you rightfully made to begin with!

20. lode

lode Banned

Probably not a terrible idea in spirit. People in really rural places like that may find their dating options a lot more limited than us city folk because there are less people around. A website for girls with green acre fever seems like just the ticket.