Future Home

Discussion in 'The Future' started by King Names, Sep 1, 2014.

1. King Names

King Names Members

Which one has more cons than pros to find and/or secure financially and/or make payments on and/or move into and/or live in and/or put for sale and/or rent space out in?

A) The trailer home

B) The apartment

C) The manufactured home

D) The house

E) The condo

F) The modular home

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Too many and/or's ...

1 person likes this.
  3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

all homes are manufactured...c don't make sense..........a condo and an apartment are often exactly the same unit...so that's not gonna work either....modular?....did you mean prefabricated?....your poll is a mess brother...sorry man

I will give you an f in thread launching....there is something called thread maintenance....you cant possibly participate in all the threads you are launching...so people like me will start flaming you when you launch a shitty one...like this

4. Tyrsonswood

"all homes are manufactured"

Sort of...

This one is custom built though, No others like it... From what I gather it's probably the first design by the architect, so more like a prototype.

And, yeah.... Thread sucks.

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

yes I am playing it fast and loose with the meaning of 'manufacture''

6. Tyrsonswood

Most homes are "cookie cutter" homes designed with a computer program... Built out of pre-assembled trusses made in a manufacturing plant. So, yeah... Manufactured.

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

sorry wrong thread

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the future isn't financial. it also isn't any more personal then the past. being able to build something, and live in it, where building codes and having to indenture yourself to a piece of paper that says you own where you build it, aren't there to preven you from doing so; well i know that might not be easy to find. when the day comes when there aren't so many people bacause of the diseases and famines, well these things are always good to know how to do.

i won't advise anyone about money, but i will advise to avoid aggressiveness and doing anything that underwrites and supports aggressiveness and makes its dominance possible.
    and the reason for this is i define civilization of the absence of tyranny, which is aggressiveness' dominance.

i prefer my own kind of crazyiness, to the kind of pseudo-sanity which creates the kind of world, that makes people frustrated, ungratified and unhappy.

also nothing is going to make you secure financially any more then anything will in any other sense. nations concern themselves with the continuation of their own existence as nations. this does little or nothing for the security of individuals in any sense, whatever the ideology, belief, form of government, any of it.

some governments do more to earn their keep then others, austarity is the opposite of doing so. some stay more out of the way. the big lie that equates austerity with staying out of the way, is just that, a big lie.

what game plan for a place to live would make the most sense, really depends entirely on the individual and what kind of life they want to live.
    a piece of land would be great for someone who likes to build things and grow their own food, but not for someone who would like to spend their life travelling and exploring without feeling tied down.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

which future home has more cons or pros to move into?

a) the coffin

b) the urn

c) the bottom of the ocean

d) the belly of a lion

10. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

You forgot e) A can of Folgers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u44D3qKKGPU

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

just a personal quirk i suppose, but i would prefer the belly of a lion to being burned at the stake by village idiots.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

traditional indiginous shelter once constructs oneself on land that is owned by nature and not by anything human.