Wandering Across The Usa... Or Maybe Just Finding "home"

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Echo Catharsis, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Echo Catharsis

Echo Catharsis Members

Northern California girl needing some advice from the USA community... maybe this should've gone in travel but I'm not sure...

I'm feeling like the small town I live in, as well as the closest surrounding suburban and urban areas, are either lifeless or slowly dying. With loss of functional family and former friendships that have dwindled to acquaintances, the feeling of escape is not only physical but emotional and spiritual. Now that I'm cleaning the junk out of my mind and soul and realizing how much people-pleasing has done nothing for my truth of self, I feel the need to take a physical and spiritual journey but don't know where and how to start!

Some thoughts I've had have been either hitchhiking/backpacking and staying around place-by-place until I find somewhere that feels more like home or returning to San Francisco, my city of birth, and either staying in a hostel as a passing-through traveler or looking into communal living. I'm kind of caught in the conundrum of not wanting to be completely isolated like I am now but not doing well with roommates in close quarters and definitely wanting some corner of private space to retreat to when needed. And, who knows? Maybe there's a hostel, commune, or other place to rest my head that's somewhere else beside California or San Francisco!

I can spend all day in the situation I'm already in meditating and clearing out obstacles from the past on my life path but it's very hard to know the next step to take when I feel like I'm at a crossroads of life and don't have a map or a plan.

I take comfort in knowing I'm not alone and many can relate. Advice from a seasoned veteran sharing their own similar journey would be very welcome and helpful.

Thank you all in advance!
    Katelyn