Why Are We Getting Dumber?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Jimbee68, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If not true, question still kind of applies

Why then, are people getting smarter?

Definately Obama, everything he has done has been correct and he's the best president ya'all have ever had, and dude knows how to wear a suit

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its actually a very familiar toxin. its called corporate media. its called the vested interest of vested interests in dumbing people down and keeping them that way.

its been done before. the middle ages it was quite commonly done by royalty and 'the church'.

today its all about being done for rather short sighted greed.

people are gettting dumber because they watch faux news, shop at off the wall mart, and listen to that rush dumbo.

4 people like this.
  3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Rush is against Obama!!!!! -- He is on our side buddy!!! (He realises Obama is destroying this country and he doesnt like it)

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

rush helped to destroy america many years ago when he helped get raygun elected.

2 people like this.
  5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Ah man!!

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

OH Fuck, what an easy question to answer.
    it ain't toxins, chemtrails, aliens, flouride, or any other such nonsense, the answer is very plain and simple.

OP, how many books have you read in the last year or hours spent reading?

How many hours of TV, games, internet browsing or other multi-media based entertainment did you enjoy?

I think if we all answered that question honestly, then the answer to the OP's question becomes very apparent.

We often forget that the primary form of entertainment 100 years ago was books and reading does have the knack of increasing a persons overall intelligence and knowledge base. ;)

*sigh*...chemtrails...........holy crap on a cracker

2 people like this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

because the white supremists who run alec and the corporate chamber of commerce, and faux news, want to keep their hands in our pockets.
    that's not a conspiracy in the sense of anything hidden. its right out there in open plain sight of anyone who bothers to look.

noxious gas is right too.

it doesn't even take conspiratorial intent to account for it. though i wouldn't hold the whole business of business and marketing entirely innocent of this being the case.

it just, like he pointed out, it doesn't take rocket science to understand that one.

1 person likes this.
  8. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I'm smarter than I was yesterday, last week and last year. If others are getting dumber....I have no idea why.

Actually, I do have a few ideas but I'm too lazy to type them out right now. I said I was getting smarter, not more ambitious. And by deciding to not type them out, I'm smarter than I was when I started this post.

2 people like this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

who cares we're all gone die anyways

1 person likes this.
  10. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

No-one here gets out alive.

1 person likes this.
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we can however, live in a world we less screw up, or more. its a statistical universe. the dumber we act, the more we screw up, and suffer from, what we have to live in and with.
    so yes, it does matter, and yes, we a screwing ourselves by dumbing ourselves down.
    try to remember, getting screwed is not the same as getting layed.

and those who proclaim their indifference that loudest, are most of the the same who cry loudest first, 'oh what have i done to desrve this, why is it happening to me'.
    well its happening to all of us, because of those who would rather be amused by ignorance, then enjoy the real gratification of exploring the mysteries of reality, and creating beauty and the conditions of enjoying it.

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

It's in the water...

This is why I'm on a well. ;)

13. KSWEEZY

KSWEEZY Members

Everybody is a pot head nowadays

14. If we are getting dumber, I think a big cause is that we take our current leisure for granted. We all stand on the shoulders of giants, but collectively we seem to think we did something to deserve our luxury. Big heads make stupid people. A good start towards intelligence would be to humble ourselves. Imagine if there were another ice age; suddenly all of the idiots would have their big mouths shut up.

I think this applies from the top tier of intelligence all the way to the bottom. Everybody has this sense of entitlement, and it promotes anti-intellectualism.

15. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

As a media-head you may have swallowed a psy-worm , a constructed anxiety . It buries in and defines
    a normalcy of chronic , steady-state pathos . Yes , of course , it's utterly mytholgical and yet in reality will
    diminish your power . It will make you tired , and the vitality of your words will dim .

I've seen a funny Jesus cartoon in which Jesus tries to heal a very stubborn and pathetic man . In
    exhasperation , ol' Jesus reaches down that man's throat and pulls out an extremely monsterous slimy worm .
    That's crazy , huh ? Sitting by the river for a couple days was what cartoon Jesus said was supposed to heal
    him , no shaman drama required .

And the nature of a psy-worm ? diabolical deception

If this message is too dumb , ok , I'll go to the river again and again . I'll do that until I see a turtle smile .

1 person likes this.
  16. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

Maybe it has something to do with something that rhymes with hairy and something that rhymes with flame?

17. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Television

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Want to change this country from the complete control politicians and the military industrial complex have managed to obtain?

Then= STOP BUYING MORE. STOP BUYING MORE NOW!

Imagine if. Pogo nailed it="we have met the enemy and the enemy is US." We've ceded control to the aforementioned greedy, control freaks.

Are we getting dumber? No. Just completely distracted from what really matters.

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Fairy games?

Terrapin Is this supposed to be a subtle homophobic remark?

20. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I thought scary game......