Why Are We Getting Dumber?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Jimbee68, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I don't have the cite. But I am sure you all know, IQ tests in the USA reveal of lower of intelligence from just a hundred years ago.

Why question is, Why? And could it be some unknown neurotoxin?

There is so much unknown crap in what we eat, what we breathe and so forth. Could it be one of these things?

And why I put it in the conspiracy section of these boards: Could it be no accident?

:daisy:

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

how would we know that? i seem to remember hearing the opposite.

3. storch

storch banned

You ask why IQ tests in the U.S. reveal that people today are less intelligent than people who lived one hundred years ago. Only a person with a very low IQ would not know the answer to that question. However, only a person with a very, very low IQ would not know that I am just kidding.

Perhaps the people from one hundred years ago were smart enough to know just how smart they were, and the less intelligent among them knew enough to make themselves unavailable on the day that IQ tests were to be administered, making it so that only the ones who were relatively certain of their mental prowess showed up on test day. :scholar:

1 person likes this.
  4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Chemtrails and other chemicals such as fluoride in the water supply. All these toxins in the environment add up. Also people are pacified by realty TV and sports and things like that which don't really encourage any thought. We are supposed to be smart enough to be a good worker bee but not smart enough to understand we are a bee. Get distracted by who is going to the play offs or who will be voted off the island and that is easy.

3 people like this.
  5. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I disagree with the premise of this thread. I do not believe that I.Q. tests show that. Perhaps someone could provide a reference.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Just do a search.

There are many types of I.Q. tests that test many different skill sets and intellectual development, so such a broad statement is essentially meaningless.
    In addition there are many factors that influence the testing itself.

All that being said there is a body of study termed "The Flynn Effect" which seems to indicate that the world intellectual level has been increasing by 3 points a decade.

7. sunfighter

So, we are getting smarter, on average. So, can we close this thread?

8. sunfighter

I think it is mainly on HipForums that we are getting dumber.

6 people like this.
  9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

LOL, Sunfighter.... :)

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

People have no thirst for real knowledge and are content to swallow what they're given. They've also been made apathetic and their attention has been shifted to trivial matters of little importance. I am sure other things factor in also.

11. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

I think domestic violence issues has a lot to do with it. It's only been a few decades that domestic violence awareness became a social issue. I've been detrimentally effected by abuse (most especially name calling). I've been defiled and degraded, and forced to accept those things as normal.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
    Jiddu Krishnamurti

Abuse is never a teacher. Some people can't learn if they're told they're stupid. To learn something new means one was once stupid. How can anybody learn when they're bashed on the head with "you're dumb, you're stupid"? They don't have an aversion to learning, they have an obstruction to learning. I'll never understand why society makes abuse normal.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i blame reality tv

and crabs

crabs are killing you (infographic)

3 people like this.
  13. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i blame the bitchiness of women on bad girls club

14. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

IQ tests don't make sense.

As for people getting stupid, it often have to do with religion. When people accept there are absolutes, unquestionable truths, that's when they go down.

Political correctness is also a bad way to go. There is a thin limit between that and being blind.

15. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

some religious people can actually be very intelligent people. but too often they try wrestle with logic and somehow fit science to religion and vice versa in such a way that doesn't invalidate their religious beliefs. this might be a waste of time, time that is better spent on observing what can be observed and come to conclusions based on that than to try to make this all fit into your belief system that hasn't changed for thousands of years (or has it?)

i found it interesting to put text into google translator and translate it through several different languages, and then back to english .. there's definitely some information loss. maybe all the words have been translated but something happens with the semantics and the meaning comes out kinda vague and ambiguous since there is a lot to be said of the context of things, and not just the context of the immediate sentences or paragraphs, but the context of the person's mind who wrote it, and what was going on around them at the time. at some point it amounts to simply guessing to determine what the best words, phrases and idioms to use.

1 person likes this.
  16. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Poor social infrastructure (failing schools) and cultural values (instant gratification via technology, faith over reason, intelligence and curiosity, demphasis on the power of knowledge etc)

2 people like this.
  17. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

I blame fear, and advances we aren't mature enough to make

18. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

Reminds me of someone I bumped into in this section once

19. katkin

katkin Member

People are on average getting better at IQ tests, although this only shows one type of intelligence, but I don't think people are getting dumber, the language sometimes sounds it, but it's just evolved.

20. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

No accident at all..... THE GOVT WANTS PPL LIKE THIS!!! -- Dumbed down,easy control for them!!