Are There No Barefooters In Philadelphia?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 159087, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Difficult to believe and even tougher to accept.

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

There are no cats in america

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Uhmmm, It gets fucking cold there.
    Give me a nice warm/dry pair of boots any day.

4. Amazing how many irrelevant responses these public fora generate!

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

why does it matter? can't you not wear shoes by yourself? i do it all the time.

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Dude, the fact that it gets colder than a witch's tit for about 8 months out of the year and going barefoot means losing toes too frostbite makes my response very relevant.

7. I never said year-round barefooters; just surprised that nobody in a city the size of Philly is a barefooter here during the warm months.

8. Barefoot Guy

Barefoot Guy Member

A long time ago I took the train to Philly when the Dead were playing. I only saw one person barefoot in the train station. I went to South Street and was surprised and disappointed to see no one else barefoot! Today I'm sure it's even worse.

9. quodlibet

quodlibet Member

Aw man, does this mean that when the temperature drops later in the year, you're going to wimp out of taking the Coldfooter Challenge?!

10. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

i have an ex who is from Philadelphia, She told me if i walked around barefoot over there i would get shot.

11. The BEST reply! Philly IS a very conservative city; that plus the very, very few who post here who have any knowledge of Philly make it (sadly) understandable why almost no barefooters here.
    D.R., take note.

12. quodlibet

quodlibet Member

I don't think the eschewing of shoes necessarily constitutes a non-conservative statement. One reading of the situation might be: they're just a component of attire, and a lack thereof just represents a simple, non-philosophical absence. Also: there are a vast variety of shoes these days; too many to allow an easy lumping together based on a wearing of a particular type, let alone on a wearing/not wearing basis (This being written out while wearing a pair of Birkenstock house shoes, i.e. by someone who currently falls between the stools of 'wearing' and 'not wearing'!).

13. A posited articulation of your philosophical assertion does not of necessity instigate election of affirmation or merely asseveration.

1 person likes this.
  14. quodlibet

quodlibet Member

15. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

/\....... yep, don't play words with the word-smith, even when he's got cold toes he'll whoop yer ass!

16. quodlibet

quodlibet Member

"Sarcasm! Come on in!"
    -Bill Hicks