Click to shop at Royal Queen Seeds
Photo
- - - - -

What Is The Most Recent Song You Learned To Play? What's Next?

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#51 orison

orison

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 65,775 posts
  • LocationKissMyAss Penisylvania

Posted December 19 2014 - 07:52 PM

i need tp play more sober ..

• Wizardofodd likes this

Uxq2a8kK_reasonably_small.jpg

Road signs flow into the headlights
Whisper names and fall behind
He finds some honor in the darkness
Hopes for grace and peace of mind

#52 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted December 19 2014 - 08:15 PM

i need tp play more sober ..

When I was younger I used to be a little more nervous about playing shows and I think I drank more before and during the set. Now days I don't drink nearly as much on those nights. I might only drink 1 or 2 beers all night. My playing is more precise. I remember plenty of shows way back when where my speed and coordination just weren't very tight toward the second half of the night. I would be pissed at myself because of it. 

#53 Brad Scott

Brad Scott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationHanalei Bay-the land of puff the magic dragon

Posted January 20 2015 - 05:17 AM

Rubys Hammer.  I just got the condenser mics set up for vocals.  Now if I can find a quiet night I'm pretty sure I can get the rhythm guitar and lead vocals down in a few tries.---still not close to 100% on this new software but I'm feeling it's worth the effort.

Next song I want to record is Black Magic Woman but I'd like a female vocalist for that.  Then Riders on the Storm with male and female vocalist.

Then I'm gona have to go trolling for songs worth writing.

It's been 20 years since I drank or smoked anything I wasn't told to do so by my doctor.  I never would have agreed with this for the first 13 or 15 years I was playing.  I have terrible stage fright and always have.  But I can lose myself in the music these days,  when I was using..well most musicians I know have been here.  

#54 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted February 11 2015 - 08:33 PM

Tonight, we worked on a bunch of new stuff and old stuff that we haven't played forever. New original stuff that I don't think is really named yet. Also brushed up on Bananas And Blow and another song by Ween. A couple of Phish songs. The Wheel and Going Down The Road Feeling Bad by Grateful Dead. Just figured those out on the fly and I happened to remember the riff on GDTRFB. That was cool. We did And We Bid You Goodnight (a cappella). Oh yeah....and we did Tennessee Jed. The other guitar player and I already basically knew it and had our guitar and vocal parts worked out a few years ago on our own. We just never broke it out with the band before. Heavy on GD tonight. 

Edited by Wizardofodd, February 11 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#55 Deranged

Deranged

Senor Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,087 posts

Posted February 11 2015 - 08:37 PM

The meow mix song = Ionian + chromatic scales

#56 guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam

• PipPipPip
  • 20,809 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted February 11 2015 - 08:47 PM

Whole Lotta Love by Zeppelin in it's entirety. Have known the riff for awhilr but learned the solo.

I never really schedule songs to learn in a very structured way but perhaps...

Time- Pink Floyd
or songs by Portugal the Man

Bvztpo7.png

#57 Theprodu

Theprodu

Modus Lascivious

• PipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted February 12 2015 - 04:44 PM

I'm currently working on my adaptation for trumpet, from an adaptation (lol) for violin by Zoltan Szecely, of the final song "Mărunțel" in a song cycle "Romainian Folk Dances" originally written by Bela Bartok. Whew!

Edited by Theprodu, February 12 2015 - 04:45 PM.

• Wizardofodd and briezie13 like this

#58 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted February 12 2015 - 06:29 PM

I'm currently working on my adaptation for trumpet, from an adaptation (lol) for violin by Zoltan Szecely, of the final song "Mărunțel" in a song cycle "Romainian Folk Dances" originally written by Bela Bartok. Whew!

I had to google that but it would probably be pretty cool if you can pull it off! 

• Theprodu likes this

#59 Theprodu

Theprodu

Modus Lascivious

• PipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted February 12 2015 - 07:07 PM

I had to google that but it would probably be pretty cool if you can pull it off! 

I've pretty much got I, II, IV, and V down.

"Pe Loc" the third song is giving me fits too. It's played with false harmonics on the violin and has some really broad slurs I'm not sure I can do on trumpet, and certainly not that high. It's one of my favorites though so I'll figure something out. and that last piece is mad fast and full of odd accents, quintuplets and slick little runs. LOL thats why the adaptation part. I'll send you a sample when I get something recorded.

#60 Theprodu

Theprodu

Modus Lascivious

• PipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted February 12 2015 - 07:19 PM

Oh and thanks for looking it up, BTW. :)

Click to shop at Royal Queen Seeds