Fire Emergency

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by King Names, Aug 24, 2014.

1. King Names

King Names Members

Say you are alone at your place in a fire emergency... Would you take more than your wallet or purse out with you? Like what else would you escape out the fire emergency with?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it kind of depends on the situation. like, where is the fire, how big is it, which personal items are in my immediate vicinity, etc.

3. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

I own nothing of value.
    Since the bookshelf is by the door I might grab something to read for when I'm taking a shit at the fire station later waiting on someone to pick me up.

4. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

haha

I have a fire hydrant at the foot of my driveway, plus I survived self-immolation some years ago. I couldn't care less about fire. lol

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

well after wallet i guess id try and grab the people that live upstairs

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Talk about it all you want... when a real fire emergency happens all the talk and plans go out the window and you won't know what to do.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well he did say you're alone..

car keys would be another kind of high priority, assuming there's no major risk in attempting to retrieve them.

8. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Dog first, then all my collectibles. Yep, I'd burn to death.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my bug out bag, which exists for the sole purpose of being the thing to grab in any situation where i had to bug out.

if i had enough time, i'd grab my external drive with all my backups on it. if i had more time then that i'd grab the laptop too.

anything else i might otherwise want would be too big to carry and not worth the bother.

even every one of those things can be replaced as long as i have my mind and my imagination.

never been in a fire that way. but plenty of times i've 'dissapeared' from some place, mostly from just having gotten tired of it, and seeing little or no opportunity in remaining there.

and generally with less then the items discribed. pretty much just whatever would fit in my pockets and sometimes with one small daypack. most of this was before there were laptops, and several times before even there were (personal) computers.

as for things like keys, walets, identification, bank and other access cards, that sort of thing, they're always in the shirt and pants pockets of the shirt and pants that are always next to the bed where i can put them on immediately on getting up. so there's no having to look for them. and no locking myself out if i have to go out in the middle of the night for something either. or any other unplaned egress.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that's why you drill. so you won't have to depend on being able to think of anything.

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

not ''if''....for me it was ''when''

i grabbed my children and their coats and their boots...it was 20 below outside......place was fully engulfed less than 2 minutes after we got out....started next door at my neighbors...she died in the fire

theres no fucking time to grab valuables in an actual emergency...it doesn't even cross your mind