Traveling The East Coast

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by Random_Zephyr, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Random_Zephyr

Random_Zephyr Lifer

I'll be taking a trip in a couple weeks from the east coast of canada down to virginia for the lockin' festival. Any tips on traveling through the states?
    I've only been to Maine and michigan before.

I'll be going from New Brunswick, Canada through Maine, Massachusetts, Conneticut, New York, New Jersey, straight through Philadelphia, Delaware, Maryland, to Virginia.... Hopefully in one 18 hour drive to arrive at lockn'.

Any travel tips? I've had only good experiences in the states, but have never traveled this far south before.

What is the general population like in these areas? Obviously I know it's not going to be as care-free as Canadian road trips... But what can I expect?

Excited to make new friends in 'Mercia!

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Horrible traffic jams.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

If you're looking for any good beaches I can recommend some in MD, DE, NJ.. my favs are in MD and DE-there are some great, chill beaches to camp right on the beach that I go to in DE and MD.... you can do whatever you want on the beaches at certain ones of them too (I've had campfires on the sand/right by the ocean.... smoked up, drank some beers, whatever.)--- anyways I suggest in that way to look up Cape Henlopen State Park area in DE, Rehoboth Beach and Dewey Beach, DE...and then there is Assetegue Island in MD...and there is also Chincotegue Island in VA actually...both of those places you can camp at too and they also have wild horses walking around. It's pretty neat.

Around Philly there is lots of stuff to do.

But anyways yea expect crazy traffic around NY, DC, MD... lots of those places along 95 and stuff.