Dreamless Sleep

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by ThePoetSappho, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i rarely recall my dreams, especially lately. i haven't been very tired lately, and when i close my eyes i try to visualize.... but then as my husband puts it,
    boom boom boom
    out like a light

and i really want to lucid dream or at least remember my dreams. any tips or advice?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Don't smoke pot...

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

If you are lucid when you are awake then you won't be dreaming about having lucid dreams. The only difference between night dreams and day dreams is when you are asleep you can't move around and act out your fantasies.

4. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

yeah, just ran out!

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't dream or remember my dreams at the moment either and it sucks because I usually have fun dreams.
    I don't think smoking weed has much to do with it though.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Chances are you will start dreaming... Likely you will want to go back to smoking asap.

2 people like this.
  7. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

So you are lamenting not getting a good nights sleep.

8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Last night I had a dream within a dream.

9. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

I was gonna say you should sleep more, but then, as you said, you don't feel very tired, so in this case, I think it has more to do with waking up at a certain time than anything. You see, humans have three hour sleep cycles, which is why they tell you 9 hours of sleep is golden, and also why many people who sleep short periods of time sleep for either three or six hours, such as myself (thank you, insomnia :dizzy2: ). Therefore, for you it's simply a matter of figuring out when is best to wake up to remember your dreams. I don't actually know the point in the cycle where most dreaming occurs, however, but I'd imagine you'd want to wake up relatively soon after the predicted end. Just be aware that you won't be allowing that cycle to come to a close and it may affect your conscious state, so it's probably not best to do it night after night. Then again, that'd make me a hypocrite, given how irregularly I sleep, so, do what you like :D

:sleeping:

10. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I don't think there is much you can do about it. I never remember a thing. I can only tell that I just had a bad nightmare when I wake up and find out I'm not dead.

But I have to say I like it that way. Not having to deal with all that garbage probably keeps me sane.

11. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I think that garbage keeps me sane tbh. Waking up without a dream, with no recall just to go to work... I'd rather wake up remembering a wicked as dream then go to work and think about it. My sister used to write down her dreams and I've often thought of doing the same.

12. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Having the dream is a good thing. It's necessary. But I'd rather not remember all that stuff. I'm pretty insane as it is. [​IMG]

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it is always possible to awaken without memory of having dreampt. personally i have never understood the desire for this. but its is always something of a roll of the dice whether we remember on awakening having dreampt or not.

14. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i agree with the pot comment, i think when you smoke pot, your sleep is much deeper and you just dont remember your dreams. i notice when i dont smoke i have alot more dreams.